I lost a bet

⚠️Spoiler Warning - none i don't think⚠️

⚠️Trigger Warning - cursing (more than the rest of these fics)⚠️

Sorry for not updating for a while, this whole COVID-19 thing was messing up my whole schedule. Hopefully you guys are all safe and will remain safe until this threat is eliminated (I pray for you all). 

-----

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-*

I bring my hand down on the alarm clock that rests beside my bed.

*CRASH*

"Peter! What the f*ck was that?"

"Nothing dad!" I call back to my father silently promising to rebuild my alarm clock this afternoon before Spidermanning.

Throwing my legs off the bed and dragging myself to my feet I run my hand through my hair-, f*ck! I forgot about the bet! What am I gonna do?

I look in the mirror positioned in the corner of my room, hoping the colour has faded since last time I checked, which was yesterday, highly unlikely but I can only hope.

Sighing defeated, I turned back towards my bed, pulling the covers tighter so the bed's made properly knowing that Uncle Steve, y'know being in the army and all would have my head if I didn't make the bed properly.

Walking out to the kitchen I notice I'm the only one awake other than my dad who is slowly going back to sleep after he woke up from the crash of my alarm clock. I head to the coffee pot and turn it on hearing the sound of the coffee starting to grind.

Heading back to my room I start singing under my breath,

Slow down, you crazy child

You're so ambitious for a juvenile

But then if you're so smart, then tell me

Why are you still so afraid?

(A/N if you don't know the song, it's Vienna by Billy Joel and it is one of my obsessions from way back. Plus no this is not a song fic, he's just singing randomly in the morning cause that's what I do.)

Still singing, I knock on dad's door.

Where's the fire, what's the hurry about?

You'd better cool it off before you burn it out

You've got so much to do

And only so many hours in a day

Getting no response, I head to the elevator.

But you know that when the truth is told

That you can get what you want or you get old

You're gonna kick off before you even

Get halfway through

When will you realize, Vienna waits for you

I enter the password to enter dad's workshop after I exit the elevator because he wasn't in his room.

Slow down, you're doing fine

You can't be everything you want to be

Before your time

Although it's so romantic on the borderline tonight

Tonight,

Walking in I see dad asleep over his work bench. I tap him on the shoulder to wake him up, still singing away.