Chapter 29

Leo POV

8 months later

I stretched my sore back and opened my eyes. I was greeted by the dark cell I've been staying in for months now, I don't even know how many months have passed or what time of day it is.

We've been prisoners of The Savages since we successfully freed the knights of our kingdom. It feels so far in the past already.

I was supposed to be imprisoned in our kingdom but ended up being imprisoned in a different kingdom. It's like I couldn't get away from my destiny.

"If we get out of here, the first thing I'll look for is a decent fucking bed" Ramona grumbled beside me, sitting up from the concrete floor, where we've been sleeping for however long we've been here.

"And food, lot's of food" Josh commented. We're being fed but not enough and sometimes I doubt it's even edible.

Kit sighed "Honestly, I just want to see my mother, she must be heartbroken, knowing all of us are most likely dead," he said sadly.

After Kit's comment, I couldn't help but think if everyone is okay. I know they got the kingdom back because of the Savages retreating but we have no news after that. We also know that they all think we're dead because no one tried to rescue us. No one came.

I just hope that Alia is okay. She's the only one giving me the strength to stay sane. I haven't even seen my father yet. He wasn't with the prisoners when we freed them. I hope he's okay too.

A loud clank interrupted my thinking. I looked up and saw a Savage sliding trays of food under the metal bars of the cell.

"Eat. You'll fight later. Make sure it's a good one, the King we'll be there" The Savage said before leaving.

It's true, we fight in their arena now. I think that's the only reason they haven't killed us yet, because there's no other reason to keep us alive. They earn a lot of money by using us as entertainment.

But their arena fights are a lot different from ours. It's always a fight to the death and the audience craves bloodshed, so you have to give it to them.

We fight at least once every few weeks, it depends on how injured we are after.

I looked at the three of my friends "It's the first time the king will be attending" I said.

"What do you suggest we do?" Kit asked.

I shrugged "I have no idea, but I know this could be our chance to finish all of this," I said.

Ramona sighed "We already tried everything Leo"

I looked at her determined "Not everything. Don't lose hope now. We're so close, I can feel it" I told them.

Josh nodded "Okay. We need a plan. We know this place like the back of our hand. We know where most of the exits are and where the hallways lead and also the Savages' schedules" We all nodded.

We need to take everything into account. We can't make any more mistakes. Mistakes got us where we are now.

We were discussing our plans and every possibility when Kit spoke "You guys can just leave me here" he said looking down.

"Why the hell would we do that?" Josh glared.

Kit shrugged "We couldn't escape because of me. You could've left with the knights if you didn't go back for me," he said.

I turned to him "It's not your fault Kit" I try to convince him.

Josh nodded "It's their fault. They're the ones who wounded your leg so you couldn't run"