•fifty five•

They are the ones who insisted on going inside, somewhere warm and private

They are the ones who insisted on going inside, somewhere warm and private. The men, you mean, or whoever the fuck they are. You had your doubts as you had suffered enough bullshit for a life time, so you did ask for their badges. They weren't resistant to show them to you and the way the ID's flashed convinced you enough.

The small cafe near the graveyard was quiet and full of other people wearing similar attire to you. All black. To grieve. You had expected a café so close to the graveyard to be quiet but now sitting inside it's gray and lifeless walls, you don't want it to me. It only made the atmosphere more overwrought.

When they decided it was about time they introduced themselves, you learnt the taller one was called Soobin and the shorter one with blue hair was Yeonjun. His blue hair stood out the most for you. With black being the prominent colour of the scene, it added a strange ease to the room. A possible symbol hope to you that maybe this won't be so bad after all.

To you, they both looked a bit too youthful to be on such a perilous matter but you looked past it, having no energy to judge anyone today.

Once you guys had moved, you realised how intimidating the police were, making you thankful you had Hoseok and Jimin on either side of you.

Despite there being five hot drinks in front of you, Jimin's hands went nowhere near them, making sure to hold your shaking hand the whole time.

Hoseok finally voices "We haven't got all day, gentlemen so if you would like to hurry the hell up, that would be lovely." He fakes a smile and drops it as soon as they see it.

The detectives don't look too pleased, they had insisted on having the conversation alone with you but Jimin was never going to leave your side and Hoseok...well Hoseok is just someone who you don't tell what to do.

"Is it more bad news?" You ask quickly, your curiosity getting the better of you.

Yeonjun shakes his head assuringly. "No, ma'am."

"Well..." Soobin contradictingly says, glancing at his partner uncertainly. "No...not really. But we do think it's best we just clear everything up."

"Let's hear it then." Jimin says, straightening himself in his seat.

Yeonjun starts at his signal. "We were able to get hands on the security camera footage and it turns out to be quite different to what you all had stated had happened."

"Well, I was in shock." I swiftly defend myself. "I had already told them this while they were questioning me for hours. I can't remeber fucking everything."

It's true though. You had clawed through the horrifying memories of that night over and over again but you were never sure of what happened. Even when you had to relive it through the nightmares every night. The ending would change every single time. And it would never end happily.

"Were all our testimonies different?" Jimin asks, eyebrows in a deep knot.

"Yes." Soobin answers him. "Which is why we were desperate for security footage to tell us the truth. It seems as though none of the witnesses could remember or had seen it properly as it all happened so quickly."