Chapter V - Mystery Gentleman

Y/n's POV

Me and my so called 'family' , were being given a tour of the grand ship.

'Mr. Andrews, I did the sum in my head, and with the number of lifeboats times the capacity you mentioned... forgive me, but it seems that there are not enough for everyone aboard..' I gave him a confused look.

'About half, actually. Y/n, you miss nothing, do you? In fact, I put in these new type davits, which can take an extra row of boats here.' He smiled. 'But it was thought... by some... that the deck would look too cluttered. So I was over-ruled.'

Will smacked the side of the boat. 'Waste of deck space as it is, on an unsinkable ship!'

'Sleep soundly, young Y/n. I have built you a good ship, strong and true. She's all the lifeboat you need.'

I gave him a smile, as he walked towards my mother and William.

'pssst, y/n!'

I turned around to see who had said my name, and saw a gentlemen in a long black coat, with a matching top hat. He was looking down, so that the top hat was covering his face. He gestured towards a room, and I followed him to it before he locked the door.

The man took the top hat off, and I saw that it was infact, Jack. My god he was some handsome.

'J-Jack!' I gulped. 'J-Jack, this is impossible. I can't see you..'

He took me by the shoulders,

'Look y/n, you're no picnic... you're a spoiled little brat even, but under that you're a strong, pure heart, and you're the most amazingly astounding girl— sorry, woman, i've ever met.' He looked straight into my eyes, which sent chills down my spine. 'Wait, what's that under your eye?' His eyes opened wide, and then he got a mixed look of fear and anger. 'Did he hurt you?'

'No, I just.. slipped.' I lied.

He raised an eyebrow. 'That's the type of bruise you'd get after you've been punched. Believe me, i'd know.'

I shook my head and gulped.

'Are you sure? Because if he's hurting you i'll—'

'Jack, no. It's fine, I just slipped and banged my cheek off of a table. That's all.'

I knew he could tell I was lying, but I could tell he didn't want me to get mad for him worrying.

'If you say so..' He sighed. 'Anyways, Let me try to get this out. You're amazing... and I know I have nothing to offer you, I know that. But I'm involved now. You jump, I jump, remember? I can't turn away without knowin' that you're goin' to be alright.'

I felt the tears coming to my eyes. Jack is so open and real... not like anyone else I have ever known.

'You're making this extremely hard. I'll be fine, Really.'

I wouldn't be fine. Infact, i'll be the complete opposite of fine without him.

'I don't think so. They've got you in a glass jar like some butterfly, and you're goin' to die if you don't break out. Maybe not right away, 'cause you're strong. But sooner or later the fire  that I love about you is goin' to go out.' It's like he read my thoughts.

'It's not up to you to save me, Jack.' I felt a tear slip down my face.

'You're right, Only you can do that.' He placed his hand on my cheek wiping the tear away. As if he wasn't comforting me enough by talking, the warmth of his hand on my cheek made me forget about everything wrong with my life.

'I-I have to get back, they'll miss me. Please, Jack, for both of our sakes, leave me alone.'

He opened his mouth as if he was about to speak, but he closed it and nodded. 'If something happens, or you change your mind, just let me know. I'll always be here for you.' He slowly removed his hand from my cheek, and walked backwards, unlocked and opened the door, and closed it behind him.

I sat on the bench and just thought to myself for a moment.

I think I love him.