Chapter VII - Monsieur Monet

Y/n's POV

'Will this light do? Don't artists need good light?' I gulped and smiled nervously as Jack followed me into my suite.

'Zat is true, I am not used to working in such 'orreeble conditions.' He said in a bad french accent.

I laughed.

He did the same, as he looked around the room.

'Hey, Monet!' He awed as he crouched by the paintings stacked against the wall. 'Isn't he great, The use of colour? I saw him once.. through a hole in this garden fence in Giverny.'

I smiled at him and walked over to the safe, working on the combination as Jack admired the artwork. 'Will insists on luggin this thing everywhere.'

'Should I be expecting him anytime soon?' Jack stood up and walked over behind me, watching me open the safe.

'Not as long as the cigars and brandy hold out.' The safe then opened, and I met Jacks eyes in the mirror above the safe. I then take the necklace out of the safe and stood up, placing it in his hands.

'What is it? A sapphire?' He stared at the gorgeous necklace in his hands.

'A diamond. A very rare diamond, called the Heart of the Ocean.' I stood behind him resting my chin on his shoulder.

'Wow,' He gazed at the wealthy necklace.

'Jack, I-I want you to draw me like one of your french girls,' I stared at him. 'Wearing this.' He nodded, as I gulped and removed my chin from his shoulder. 'Wearing only, this.'

He went wide-eyed and gulped, turning his head at me. 

'O-oh o-okay,'

I smiled. 'I'll be right back,'

I went to the bathroom and took off my clothes putting on a dark blue kimono. I took the blue butterfly comb out of my hair, and shook my head letting my curls fall free on my shoulders.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath before walking back out to Jack. He had layed out his pencils like surgical tools, and his sketchbook was open.

I walked out and stood in between him and the blue divan. 

'The last thing I need is another picture of me looking like a porcelain doll. As a paying customer, I expect to get what I want.' I smiled and tossed a dime at him. He smirked.

I slowly lowered the kimono, with my heart ponding out of my chest.

When it was completely off, Jack took a deep breath and looked me up and down. His face was bright red, and it was obvious he was finding it hard to stay looking at my eyes. 'A-alright, j-just go lay down on the bed--- I mean-- c-couch.' He gulped.

I chuckled and nodded, as I made my way over to the divan, (couch)  and layed down.

'Just tell me when it looks right to you.'

'Just, uh, bend your leg a little and... and lower your head, eyes to me, that's it.'

He began to sketch. He was extremely focused, but every few minutes i'd catch him just staring at my body. He then dropped his pencil, and I chuckled. He smiled at me.

'I believe you are blushing, Mr. Big Artiste. I can't imagine Monsieur Monet blushing.' I smiled.

He gulped, and I saw the sweat dripping down his forehead. 'He does l-landscapes. This is different.'

After he finished the drawing, I quickly put my kimono back on, and stood behind him leaning over his shoulder.

'Date it, Jack. I always want to remember this night.' So, he did.

'April 14th 1912                                                                                                                                                                                               JD'

He then passed it to me.

'Thank you,' I gave him a kiss, then walked over to the table.

Jack's POV

I watched y/n grab a small piece of paper and a pen, then scribble something on the note.

I got up and walked over to her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

'Whatcha doing?' I smiled.

She quickly hid the note under the drawing and necklace, then handed it to me.

'Put this in the safe, will you?' She smiled.

I nodded, and she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I didn't read the note, I just felt as if it would be an invasion of privacy. So I put it in the safe and locked it.

Y/n's POV

I quickly got dressed, and didn't dare wear a corset. Me and Jack were sitting on the couch, just talking, when we heard a key in the door.

Our eyes jolted towards the lock. I quickly grabbed his hand and quietly pulled him through the bedrooms.

'Miss Y/n? Are you in here?' We heard Lovejoy call out.

We walked out of my stateroom closing the door behind us. We held in our laughter until we were halfway down the corridor, and we heard the sitting room door close.

'Miss y/n!' Lovejoy yelled angrily. 

'RUN!' I shouted as I pushed Jack causing him to run faster.

Our laughter echoed the halls as the people around us stared in horror and shock.

We quickly ran into an elevator slamming the door shut. We laughed as Lovejoy disappeared above, And then I did something my mother would NEVER approve of, but then again this whole night she wouldn't approve of. I stuck up my middle finger at him, causing Jack to laugh even harder.