9. The Concert

The crowd cheered when smoke filled the stage and the lights flickered. When the smoke was blown away, five guys in black clothes with their famous fiery lightning bolt logo. Their famous song instrumental started to play.

"Hey, peeps. It's been a while, huh? Who is ready for some crazy night?" The audience screamed, including Grace, Daniel and Rachael, who had been anticipating this moment for too long. 

"We'll start with our favourite, 'Awaiting Danger'!" Yelling and excited screaming intensified. Grace was so relieved when it died down. Her ears were growing more sensitive to the loud noises.

The lead singer started to sing, "Awaiting danger in a world of safety.. Seeking pain in a world of comfort.. Sleepless till the crack of dawn." The crowd sang with him. 

"Only you know the reason.. I am fighting the demon.. returning to peace.." Daniel and Grace looked excitedly at each other when the beat started to augment with their voices, "Awaiting danger when I am alone, the demon behind me turns me to stone, I try to fight them off my zone, but in the end, it's all gone.. oh, it's all gone." 

The audience quieted down to hear the most intense part, "I shattered my heart, my heart of gold, only to turn to the demon. I am bold, I am cold, I fight off my own race to seek my own peace.. my own peace.." 

The lyrics gave Grace an unexplainable feeling. She spent the other half, staring into the void as she thought about her responsibilities, and what she would do tomorrow. 

Daniel tapped on her shoulder, which broke her out of her reverie only to catch the last part of the song. 

"I fail, I free the beast in my head, oh the beast in my head. He manipulates me in my dreams, he tortures me, I redeem myself. I am awaiting safety." The crowd cheered. 

"I love this song!" Rachael screamed at her. Daniel and Grace laughed at her, happily bouncing and full of life. Grace was hit with the same wave of euphoria and they started waving their arms up holding the poster Grace drew. 

They were in the middle of an ocean of fans. The raised arms obstructed their vision as young teenagers, but they didn't seem to be affected. 

"Hopefully by the end, I could have them sign my drawing." Grace smiled.

"Oh, I will make sure of it." Rachael winked. Grace gave her a warm smile, which was something pleasant to witness after her many sleepless nights and fights.

For once in a few weeks, Grace felt young. Like she hadn't had the burden of the world upon her shoulders. 

She danced with Daniel and Rachael, sang with Daniel their favourite song, screamed uncontrollably with Rachael. 

"Dad is going to pick us up at about eleven. He doesn't want us staying out very late." Grace informed her friends. Daniel took a glance at his watch. 

"It is still nine. Live the moment, Grace." Daniel said. Grace nodded. 

"Yeah, you are right." She said, her eyes not making an effort to look at the singers. Instead, they were right into Daniel's. They both started to smile. 

"Come on, lovebirds, you can stare at each other some time later." Rachael said, pulling Grace from her arm and standing between them. They both chuckled nervously. 

"We are not lovebirds."

"We are definitely not lovebirds." Daniel pressed. 

God, you didn't have to say it so aggressively.

"We were just friends." Grace said. 

"Yeah." Something about Daniel's expression and tone was off, like he had something to say, but trying his hardest to conceal it.