Rescued?

*Author's Note: an text that has ~ at the front and end means that the person is singing it. P. S. This song is Meet me on the Battlefield.*

After what felt like months, an explosion was heard from within the Nemesis. The Autobots had found the Nemesis and was currently on the hunt for the Decepticons' prisoner. The bots searched around and fired at any Decepticon they came across. They couldn't find the prisoner, but they needed to act fast. They didn't know how the shield went down and they don't know if it is going to stay like that. They needed to find the prisoner fast.

Suddenly, Drift heard something, something very soft. ~No time for rest. No pillow for my head. Nowhere to run from this. No way to forget.~ Drift suddenly shushed the others, including Optimus. They knew something was off since Drift NEVER tells Optimus, Ratchet, or Ultra Magnus to be quiet unless something was seriously wrong.

~Around the shadows creep. Like friends they cover me. Just wanna lay me down and finally try to get some sleep.~ The bots heard the singing and Drift started to follow it. No con would be singing, but the prisoner could sing as a way of calming themselves down. The bots quickly followed Drift to where the music was coming from.

~We carry on through the storm. Tired soldiers in this war. Remember what we're fighting for. Meet me on the battlefield. Even on the darkest night. I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage and you will be mine. Echos of the shots ring out. We may be the first to fall. Everything can stay the same or we could change it all. Meet me on the battlefield.~

The bots took many twists and turns, but continued to follow the music. ~We're standing face-to-face. With our own human race, we commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay. Our tainted history is playing on repeat, but we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead. When I was younger, I was named a generation unafraid for heirs to come, be brave.~

~And meet me on the battlefield even on the darkest night. I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage and you will be mine. Echos of the shots ring out, we may be the first to fall. Everything can stay the same or we could change it all. Meet me on the battlefield.~

The music continued on. ~We carry on through the storm. Tired soldiers in this war. Remember what we're fighting for.~ The bots followed the music straight to it's source.

The bots reached a hallway. Drift followed the music and heard the music coming from a cell to his right. He put right auto receptor against the door and listened ~Meet me on the battlefield even on the darkest night. I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage. And you will be mine. Echos of the shots ring out, we may be the first to fall. Everything could stay the same or we could change it all. Meet me on the battlefield.~

Drift said, "The music is coming from this cell." Optimus said, "Do you know if the music is coming from directly behind the door, Drift?" Drift said, "The music is coming from an angle to the door. Most likely coming from a far corner of the cell, Prime." ~Meet me on the battlefield.~ Optimus said, "Take the door down, Drift."

Drift nodded and backed up slightly. He then kicked the door down. The door flew across the cell. Drift quickly entered the dark cell. The other bots followed closely behind. A loud bark was heard from the far right corner of the cell. Drift carefully walked over to the sound of the bark. There was a girl laying limb on the floor. Suddenly, bright blue eyes looked at Drift. The blue eyes went to the girl and it was clear that this creature had a very dark color. Its body appears to merge into the darkness. The only thing that could show that the creature was there was it's eyes.

Drift carefully picked up the girl with the creature on her. He immediately noticed that there was a pool of blood where the girl was at. Drift noticed the girl's wounds as blood leaked from her on his servos. Drift looked towards Optimus, concern clearly written on his faceplate. Optimus asked, "What's the matter, Drift?" Drift said, "The girl is bleeding badly and has many injuries on her legs, Prime."

The bots appeared worried and Optimus said, "We must get her back to base quickly so that Ratchet can treat her wounds." Drift nodded in agreement. Drift carefully slid the girl and the creature with her in his chassis. Drift and the bots made it out onto the Nemesis's bridge. Optimus commed Ratchet for a Groundbridge and told Ratchet to prepare the med-bay. Ratchet did as he was told. A Groundbridge appeared and the bots ran through before the cons could get to them.

Once in the base, Drift went to the med-bay. He went to take out the girl and the creature that was with her had jumped on his servo. The creature had the girl on it's back. The girl appeared to be unconscious. Ratchet said, "Put the girl on the medical bed, Drift." Drift nodded and carefully put the girl on the medical bed. Ratchet transformed and activated his holoform.

2 hours had passed and Ratchet was finally done with patching up the girl. The bots had no way of knowing about the creature with her or the girl's name. Once the kids had arrived, they were told about what had happened. Raf said, "Well, we do know this one girl with a big guide dog. Her guide dog doesn't have a guide dog vest because she is too large for one so she'll be getting a bulletproof vest made for dogs for her to wear. She said that her dog would be getting the vest next month from when we last spoke to her about it. She mentioned it the weekend before finals week. Her dog does have dark black fur and bright blue eyes."

Drift said, "The creature with the girl was hard to see in the dark and had bright blue eyes." Ratchet had came in, moving the medical bed over to somewhere where he could easily check on her while he works at the monitors. The kids barely noticed what Ratchet was doing. Raf looked to his left and saw Ratchet. Raf also spotted another familiar figure. Raf suddenly yelled, "NIGHTSTRIKE?!" The creature looked at him as the other kids and the bots looked at Raf. The creature started wagging it's tail and went to Raf. Ratchet knew that it was the first time he had saw the creature leave the girl's side.

After a few days had passed, Midna still hasn't woken up from her coma. The bots don't know when she'll wake up or even if she will ever wake up again. Nightstrike would always be found next to her or on the medical bed.