Prolouge

I watch silently in hiding as my Father and Haku battle on the bridge. Father wanted me to stay hidden as a trump card, and only come in on his signal. I observe the two boys trapped in Haku's mirror jutsu, smirking at the sight of their bloody and bruised body. They wouldn't last much longer. My eyes drift over to Father, who was fighting the Copy Ninja. Father had a couple of cuts, but they weren't bad or bleeding heavily. Kakashi seemed to be getting fatigued.
A roar from Haku's side of the bridge grabs my attention to them once more. 'It looks like the dark-haired one has fallen. Congratulations on your first kill Haku.' My eyes catch on the blond one, eyes widening at the sight of his chakra flaring. The fight blurs by so quick and the next thing I know is that Haku is out of his mirror with his mask broken. "HAKU!" My voice erupts from my throat before I could contain it. Haku's eyes jump in my direction but it appears none of the others seems to notice. He glances over at Zabuza, eyes widening. I look over to see Hatake gathering Lightning Chakra in his hands. My eyes widen. 'No no no no no, please don't.' Haku catches my attention again. 'I'm sorry.' He mouths, before running in front of Zabuza. "HAKU DON'T!"
It was too late. Hatake's hand pierced through Haku's chest. I bolt from my position, forgetting my task and rush to catch Haku's body. I set him on the ground gently, tears gathering in my eyes. "No no no no no, Haku why?" He smiles softly. "You know exactly why I did what I did. I wanted to save Zabuza, as well as you." He reaches a hand up and wipes a tear away.
I quickly apply healing chakra to his wound, but he pulls my hands away. "Akahana, don't waste your Chakra on me, I am unable to be healed. I want you to continue living, for me." I shake my head. "But you will keep living Haku, please just let me heal you." I was getting desperate. He shakes his head. "I love you Aka, please move on from my death, and live happily." He leans up to kiss my forehead before leaning back and closing his eyes. His hand soon goes limp.
I look over to father, who is getting yelled at by the blond from earlier. Soon Gato and his men appear, mocking Father and Haku. I was getting angry. Fathers voice snaps me out of it. His bandages unraveled revealing his sharp teeth. "Kid, throw me a kunai." The blond hesitantly throws him one as Zabuza catches it in his mouth. I walk up to father, ready to join him before an arm catches me. It was Kakashi. "What are you doing? Let go." My voice coated in malice. He shook his head. "This is Zabuza's fight." My eyes narrow. "Do I look like I care." I try to wrench my arm out of his grasp using the other but he grabs that arm too. I watch in horror as father gets stabbed repeatedly with various weapons, killing Gato before collapsing. "Father!" I stomp on Kakashi's foot which causes him to loosen his grip. I run over to his side, and his eyes soften. "Bring me to Haku please." I nod and begin to carry him to the person I considered a brother. "Aka," He starts once I have him situated. "Yes, father?" I ask my voice barely above a whisper. "I want you to have Kubikiribocho. You have trained with it before, and I feel you are best suited for it." My eyes widen.
Father takes a breath, reaching to stroke Haku's cheek. "You were always at my side, the least I can do is to be beside you at the end. I know it cannot be, but I wish I could go to where you have gone. How I wish I could join you there, Haku. I can't think of a more fitting destination for a demon ninja, can you?" Tears leak from his eyes before he goes limp.
Sobs escape from me before I could hold them back. They were gone, the only people who I considered family was gone. Mother disowned me when Father left, and my biological brother hated me, so I joined father. Haku is my brother in all but blood. I could feel stares on my back but I couldn't find the ability to care. I wipe my tears, watching as snow fell gently around us.
I take a deep breath, glancing at Kubikiribocho, which was impaled into the ground. I push myself off of the ground and head to my Father's sword. I run my hand over its handle softly. I grab the sword and pull it out of the ground, infusing my chakra with it.
It hummed softly as I attach it to my back using the metal sheath father had given me in case something like this had ever happened. I never thought he would pass. I walk back over Zabuza, only to see the Konoha Genin digging what appeared to be graves. I take a slab of wood to create headstones and using a kunai, I carve away the wood carefully, making sure that the names were prominent.
I take my Fathers and Haku's Headbands off of them before placing the two in separate graves. We silently bury the two and I place the wooden headstones in the ground before manipulating a stone-like mud to flow over the wood to keep its shape and form a better-looking headstone. I stare at the graves silently, before getting up and walking into the forest, stepping over dead and unconscious bodies doing so.
I could feel the stares and curious looks on my back before I disappear into the woods. After a while of walking, I stop in a small clearing. I fall to my knees, staring at the two Kirigakure headbands. I trace my fingers over the metal plate and put them into a large pouch on my belt. I sit back and begin to ponder. 'Where do I go now that Father and Haku are gone? I'm sure as hell not returning to Kiri. Maybe a different village?' I shake my head. "What village would be crazy enough to let me, a missing-nin, inside of its walls." I look at the sky. I sigh as I sense chakra behind me. "If your gonna kill me, do it quickly. If not, don't bother me." "I'm not gonna kill you, or harm you in any way." I scoff. "Like I haven't heard that before." I mutter. There is a moment of silence. "Mind if I sit next to you?" I shrug. "Do what you wanna do."
The stranger, who I now recognize as Kakashi Hatake, the Copy Ninja, sits next to me. He takes a deep breath and pauses, before looking over to me. "What's your name?" He asks. "Akahana Momochi." He hums. "How old are you Akahana?" I pause. 'Should I really give information out like this? Ah, what the heck. It's not like I'll be alive much longer anyway...' "13, but I am of at least low Jounin rank." He nods. "Akahana," He starts. I turn to look at him, noticing him looking at me curiously.
"How would you like to become a citizen and shinobi of Konoha?"