Chapter 31: Changes are arising...

It had been a few months since Sasuke had left to go after the pedophillic snake for whatever reason. Kiba and I were standing next to each other at the gate, waiting to see Naruto off. Naruto was going on a long training trip, two years to be exact.

I lace our fingers together and I lean into him. Naruto runs up to us excitedly, bursting with energy and eagerness to learn. "Good luck Naruto, we'll be waiting for you to return. Don't think you're going to be the only one improving though. We all will!" Kiba says, acting slightly. After a long, very drawn out goodbye, Naruto along with Jiraiya (I refuse to give that pervert too much respect) vanish from our sight, and Kiba relaxes with a sigh.

We decided to go and get some dango and relax a little bit before meeting up with our ANBU team for ANBU rankings. We chat a little bit, and I fiddle with my long hair. 'It's getting really long. I should probably cut it. Especially with rising tensions with Sasuke leaving along with the Akatsuki beginning to move.' I take a moment to think before turning to Kiba. "Hey Kiba?" He turns to me, in the middle of taking a bite out of the sweet treat. I laugh at his expression while he chews. "Yes?" "What do you think about me cutting my hair?" He shrugs. "I really don't care, you'll look good anyways so..." I laugh. "Smooth." He grins. "Yeah, I know." I check my watch. "We should probably get into our gear and meet up with the team." He nods and we make our way home.

We change and meet with the team in the living room. "Ready?" Nods and a back are all I get in response. We teleport ourselves in front of the Hokage's office, before knocking and entering. She looks up and smiles. "Ah, just the people I was expecting. I assume you are here for your official rankings as ANBU?" I nod. "Yes Lady Hokage." She laces her fingers and places them under her chin, smirking at us slightly.

"Jaguar," She starts, and I straighten. "Due to your amazing ability to lead, and crazy strength, I am promoting you to ANBU Commander, and Captain of this Team." I nod. "Yes Lady Hokage." Her eyes scan over to Kiba. "Wolf, due to your teamwork skills and strength, you are also a commander and co-captain of the team." He nods. "Yes Lady Hokage." "As for you two..." She looks over to Hinata and Shino. "You are now Captains, but normal ANBU of this team, make sense?" They nod. "Perfect, now I have a mission for you. It's a simple Assisnation mission. This man is in charge of the kidnappings and forced-slavery of many Konohans. Find him and Eliminate him." We nod and quickly set out to do our task.

Within a few hours we were heading back to Konoha, the target's head sealed safely inside a scroll. We pass through the gates after flashing our ID's. I submit our report to the Hokage and hand over the scroll. We teleport home and change. I approach Hinata. "Neh, Hinata." She turns to me. "Yes Akahana?" "Could you help me cut my hair?" She nods with a smile. "Yeah. I'll meet you in your bathroom. You want to go short short, or just a few inches off?" "Short Short. I don't want it to become a hassle, especially with rising tensions. I'll grow it out again whenever it is more peaceful." She nods. "Cut your hair as long as you think it will be easiest, I'll work it up from there." I nod and make my way to the bathroom. I pause before entering, watching Kiba read a book on the bed.

"Cutting my hair Kiba." He looks up from his book and smiles. "I'm sure it will look good. Can't wait to see it." I smile and enter the bathroom, grabbing a pair of scissors and staring myself in the eye. I gather up my long hair and silently wish it goodbye. I pull it up, and align my scissors with it.

With a soft squeeze of the hand, chunks of hair fall quietly to the floor. Somewhere inside his house, Kakashi gained the strange urge to cry.