Chapter 28: Confusion and Sleepiness

I blink. "I'm sorry, but what?" She smiles. "Based on your reaction you find the name familiar." I nod. "It's my last name." She nods. "I know." My mind races, and I tighten my grip on Kiba's hand. "But, how?" I meet her eyes, which are sparkling brightly. "The way you danced and sang, only Momochi's know certain parts." My eyebrows furrow. "But, how didn't I come across you earlier?" She smiles. "Us royals keep our last name hidden, to prevent anyone else with royal blood from getting killed." I nod slowly. "So why didn't you go after my father or me." She smiles and places her hands on either side of my face.

"Because I knew that one day, you would arrive, and take your place as queen." My eyes widen and I shake my head. "I can't be queen. I have a village to protect, my love to stay with. I'm a shinobi." Her eyes give a twinkle as she gives a sad smile. "That is perfectly fine, but since you are a shinobi of Konoha, I must ask that you talk with your hokage. I am getting older and I want to see the world. I would like to ask the Hokage for citizens of this village to be able to move there if they so choose." I rub my temples. "But what are you going to do?" "I'll runa round a while, before moving to Konoha. I have quite a few dances and songs to teach you of our people." I sigh. "Alright, I'll talk with the Hokage about it, I'm sure he will agree. I want you to continue ruling until he gives permission though." She smiles. "As you wish." She bows and leaves.

I turn to Kiba. "Holy shit." He looks at me. "What a surprise." I laugh. "No kidding. Why didn't Grandmother or Father tell me though?" He shrugs. "No clue, we should head back to the hotel."

Once we reach the hotel, I quickly undress and slip on more comfortable clothing, before flopping onto the bed. Kiba falls next to me. I relax into his warm hold, sighing after the tension of the previous conversation.

I am startled awake with loud knocking on the door. I hear Kiba let out a groan and shuffle to get out of bed. He stretches and lets scratches his head. I sit up and rub my eyes, fighting back a yawn. He makes his way to the door and opens it, only to quickly shut it. "Kiba-kun! What was that for?" He says nothing and makes his way to me. "It's too early for this." He wraps his arms around my waist and leaned his head against my neck. I hear Haruto bang on the door loudly. "Kiba-kun! You don't have to be shy you know! Come on out!" He groans softly against my neck. "She isn't going to go away is she?" I shake my head and run my fingers through his hair. "If you get it taken care of now we might have time for a breakfast date before going to meet with Queen Mara." He huffs and goes back to answer the door. "What do you want Haruto?"

I can see her pout. "What do you mean? I just want you to accompany me to the ball." Kiba pinches the bridge of his nose. "No Haruto." "Why not?" He sighs. "I've told you already, I have a girlfriend. I want to remain faithful and so, I will not go with you." "But she doesn't have to know!" "She will know." "But how? None of your teammates are good enough to be your girlfriend." He sighs. "Listen, I'm not going to argue with you. I have a girlfriend, and it would do you good to stop asking me before she gets pissed." She scoffs. "And where is she?" He huffs.

"Were you not at the festival? I was dancing with her last night." She scoffs. "That skank? Please, you could do so much better." "Like who, you?" She blushes. "Yes!" "Yeah, no." She seems to deflate. "I don't appreciate you insulting my girlfriend. Now, if you could please leave, it would be appreciated." He begins to shut the door, but she forces it open and jumps onto him, tackling him to the floor. I quickly jumped up and pull her off of him. He pushes himself up and shoots her a look. "Seriously?"

Haruto turns to me. "What's this whore doing in here." Kiba seems to snap. "This 'whore', is my girlfriend. I really thought she would be the first one to snap, but she surprisingly didn't. I don't know what you have against her, but I suggest you knock it off and be respectful or you will have to find new Shinobi to escort you home." We couldn't actually do that, but it isn't like she needed to know.

She huffs. "Fine." I let go of her. "Watch your back skank, he will be mine." I roll my eyes. "Sure hon, keep thinking that." I shove her out of the door and shut it.

"So much for a peaceful morning..."