Chapter 24: How in the name of Kami did he get out?!

I drop off a few more bouquets of flowers at the graves, smiling at the small shrine being built for them. I lit incense and said my goodbyes as I joined my team on the bridge. We were making our way back to the fire country and were planning on stopping at a hot spring along the way. I pause as I feel my ANBU mark pulse. I stop and curse in my brain. How in the elemental nations am I supposed to explain this. I turn to my team, and notice them tense and nod. I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Listen, the hokage is calling us, I can't explain how, but we have to move. Take your time, chances are we'll be on a mission when we get back. Good luck." With that we take off, increasing the amount of chakra in our feet and a coat around our body.

Within a few hours we made it the gates of Konoha, nodding to Izumo and Kotetsu before running inside and straight to the Hokage's office, Hengeing into our ANBU uniforms in quickly. We make it to the Hokage's office and knock, entering when said to. "You called Hokage-Sama." She nods and sighs. "I really hate to do this while you were on a break, but this needs to be taken care of immediately." We nod and stiffen. "Orochimaru escaped." I feel all color drain from my face. "We believe it was an inside job. Your job is to track down this spy and eliminate them." We nod. "Hai, Hokage-Sama." We exit the room quickly, fanning out quickly. I was heading to the prison inside T&I while Shino, Kiba and Hinata were heading towards the direction he left for any attempt in getting a scent or chakra to identify anyone.

I enter soundlessly and give a silent nod to Ibiki, who was investigating the cell. "Any information you would like to share Ibiki?" He huffs. "The bars were cut from the outside, evident by the unconscious guards. The lock was a chakra lock, with only 3 people's signatures, which doesn't make sense. The only people who had it was Lord Third, Myself, and Shikaku." My eyes narrow. "Lord Third's chakra, right?" He looks at me and nods. I trace the seal pattern and my eyes widen. "It doesn't specify if it is mixed, or stolen. These need to be updated. It could have been taken from anyone who has even a part of his chakra signature, meaning Asuma, Konohamaru, and it could have been taken from them using a technique similar to Yoroi Akado from the exam and stored into a seal. The only person who could have done this was a Sharingan user, who could copy the Jutsu down to the Minute Details, however, it doesn't line up with the fact Sasuke was with Kakashi training, and Itachi is no longer a part of Konoha."

I meet Ibiki's eye. "What was done with the bodies of the Uchiha Massacre? Was there an autopsy, a burial, or were they put in a singular mass grave." Ibiki looks at me. "There was no autopsy, they were just buried and the compound was cleaned." I resist the urge to facepalm. "Then there is a possibility that someone stole the Sharingan from them." I turn to Shizune, who had just shown up.

"Let Lady-Hokage know that I want all Shinobi above Genin and Ex-Shinobi to have a chakra pulse sent through their system. It should Identify anything outside of the normal. It should be done soon, probably with their Physical Tsunade-Sama decided to do. Since it starts tomorrow and ends by next week it should work. We could write off retired shinobi as incorrectly healed wounds or scarring." She nods and turns to Shikaku. "Does that sound good Shikaku-san?" He turns to me. "There are a couple small holes that I can fill with Hokage-Sama, but good plan."

We exit the T&I Department and meet up with the rest of my squad. "Anything?" "We found a suspicious scent and a familiar chakra, but we cannot be sure whose until testing." I nod. We make our way to the Hokage's office, and give our report. "Good job Jaguar, now, your next mission will be a team 8 mission, so drop your henge's." We comply. "Good, your task is to guard a daimyo's daughter, Haruto Saimaki, while she is on her way to and from a large Gala-type dance. It is at least B-rank, but we are not sure the skill level of possible attackers, so be on your guard. You are officially promoted to Jonin for this mission as well, after seeing your skill set in what you do. Now, meet here at o9:00 tomorrow." We nod. "Yes Lady Hokage." She places her hand on her chin and waves her hand. "Dismissed." We quickly exit. "Man, all I want to do is go to a hot springs." Hinata whines, stretching out her back. "After running from those shinobi, I'm so stiff." I shake my head. "We'll visit one after our mission tomorrow. Pack 2 weeks worth of rations, chakra pills, soldier pills, and clothes. Be sure to bring you weaponry care kits, can't let them get too damaged." I sigh and stare at the sky. 'Happy Birthday to me I guess."