15.

not edited!
Dewayne
I was in the kitchen making our plates when I heard a loud thud and Sheila call out. I ran to the door and Pat was laid out on the floor.

"What happened!?" Shelia was fanning Pat's face as she was stooped on the side of her. I went to pick her up and brought her to the couch. Shelia closed the front door and followed me into the house.

"I told her some news and she fainted. I didn't think she was going to do that. I guess I could've eased it on her a little bit."

"What was it?" She looked down at her hands contemplating on telling me.

"I think she should tell you. I uh i'm going to go I don't wanna be here when she wakes up. Have her call me tomorrow, bye Dewayne." She ran out of the house leaving me and an unconscious Pat. I was really torn on what to do, I didn't know whether to take her to the hospital or just wait it out, but thankfully she started waking up.

"Pat baby get up, come on, open your eyes." I was lightly shaking her to help wake her up. She shot up, clutching at her chest as if she couldn't breathe. "I can't breathe! Baby I can't breathe!"

"Calm down babe, breathe just stop and concentrate on breathing." She shook her head and started breathing slowly. Soon she was calm but started crying instead. I couldn't tell if it was angry tears or sad tears I just knew someone was gonna get fucked up. I didn't press the issue because I didn't wanna stress her out and potentially hurt our child so I left it alone.

"I need to go to the hospital, now." She got up and walked to the stairs and I followed. "Why? Are you okay? Is the baby good?" She nodded her head and walked up the stairs. "Yeah we're fine." She went upstairs and didn't come back down until an hour later dressed.

"Are you coming or are you staying?"

"I'm going with you." She grabbed her purse and keys and I grabbed my wallet and keys and we left. We finally got there after thirty minutes and went directly to Diane's room. Terry was sitting outside the door but Patricia just ignored him. She walked right in while I stayed out to talk to him.

"Hey man, how you feeling?" He looked up at me and had the most scariest look in his eye. "Do I look okay?!" My eyes widened and I didn't respond. "You must not know because if you did you wouldn't be here right now."

"Know what?" He laughed at me. "You don't know why you're here and you don't know what's going on because you wouldn't have asked that stupid question."

"How was that question stupid? Here I am trying to be nice after you cussed out and pushed my pregnant wife, and yet what i'm doing is stupid. Pat's right for not messing with you anymore your such an ass-." I was cut off by screaming an a loud smack. I ran into the room and saw Patricia strangling Diane.

I ran to pull her off, "PATRICIA WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Pat snatched away from me and began screaming. "The real question is what's wrong with that bitch. She had a perfect life, a great attorney, a great husband, and great kids that she had and could keep, but she wants to be a hoe so damn bad and fucked up that perfect life."

"It obviously wasn't that perfect if I felt the need to step out of my marriage." Diane yelled back holding her throat.

"That's fine okay, I could care less about what goes on in your marriage but-." Diane cut her off. "Oh bullshit you know you wanted Terry since the beginning that's why you've always been so involved in my business and couldn't keep your husband in check."

"So you fucked him after we get divorced? You could've picked anyone to fuck up your marriage with but you picked him of all people. After you saw everything he put me through, from Noah to now."

"It wasn't just you hurt Pat, EVERYBODY was hurt especially him."

"So you, one of my bestfriend's decided to go and make him feel better with your pussy? When you have a whole family at your house."

"Yes cause someone wasn't doing it.. obviously."

"And to think you were a friend. You was just another bitch, a weird bitch at that. Bitches would've killed to be you, but you can't even appreciate what you have and you rather have someone's leftovers how pathetic. It all makes sense now... you, you were the bitch that told him were we lived at. You almost killed the only happiness I had left, luckily I was blessed with a real man and not a bitch. I hope Terry takes you for everything you have." Patricia went to walk for the door but Diane said one last thing.

"He can't take Gavin away from me though." Patricia laughed and turned to face her. "Sorry to tell you this but he died... finally, your drunk ass killed him and you should've died too, what a waste of space and air. Have fun with your child, oh and don't forget to strap it in." I followed Patricia out of the room and back to the car in silence.

"So all of that was because of Gavin?" She rolled her eyes and started the car. "Hello! Are you ignoring me?"

"No it wasn't. It was about friendship. Well what was a friendship cause that bitch is dead to me now. Look I don't wanna argue with you, I just wanna go home and eat and watch tv and cuddle with you, my happy ending, okay?"

"Okay." We drove home in comfortable silence, which seemed more like peace. Peace within ourselves and peace with the situation. It felt nice to only have to worry about my wife and her our baby. This next month should be the best time of our lives before forever started.