The Best Big Time Life Ever

Chapter 8: Winter Wonderland

A few months later there was snow on the ground and Kathy woke up,she noticed it was colder in the house than usual. Kathy got up out of her bed and looked out the window. Kathy gasped with surprise it was the first snow fall of the season there were already little snow banks in her backyard. Kathy went and looked at the second window in her room that faced the front of her house there were lots of kids out there playing on the snow banks and having snow ball fights and building stuff out of the snow. "I think I'll go for a short little walk with Saber." Kathy thought aloud,Saber perked up when he heard "walk" he dashed down the stairs and grabbed his leash off the coat hangers that was just right next to the door and he waited for Kathy to come downstairs. As Saber was waiting for Kathy he thought for a moment (Kathy hasn't got breakfast yet she has to eat breakfast first then she will be ready to go for a walk) So saber took the leash by the end with the loop on it and placed his paws on the wall for balance and put hung it back on the coat hangers for he was a very smart tiger. After Kathy got her breakfast Kathy hooked the leash to sabers collar and opened the door. As Kathy opened the door a snowball hit her,Kathy brushed the snow off of her jacket and looked up and there was James holding five or six snowballs in his arms. "Hey Kathy." Said James "Hi James how are you." Said Kathy smiling and picking snow up and forming it into a ball. "Good." Replied James getting ready to either run away to avoid getting hit with the snowball or throwing another one of his snowballs at Kathy. Kathy threw the snowball back at James before he had a chance to get away or throw another snowball at his girlfriend. "I was just going for a walk with Saber. Wanna come?" Asked Kathy "Sure." Replied James and they headed down the sidewalk dodging snowballs that kids had thrown for their snowball fight "So wanna head to...WOAH!!" Said James Kathy had pushed him behind a snow bank and then she had gotten behind the snow bank with him and pulled Saber in with them too. "What did you do that for?" Laughed James "Ssh." Whispered Kathy "What?" James whispered back "It's him." Said Kathy panicking and afraid Drake was going to see them. "Who?" James asked catching Kathy's panic attack thinking it was something really really really bad. Just then Drake had walked by but luckily not noticing them. "Okay it's safe." Kathy said coming out from behind the snow bank with James and Saber. Finally they had back down the sidewalk "What did you want to ask me James?" Kathy asked "Oh I wanted to ask you if you want to come to my house for a snowball fight and then after that we could get some hot chocolate and watch a movie or something." Replied James smiling and putting his arm around Kathy as they continued to walk. "Sure." Said Kathy resting her head on James's shoulder just then Drake had walked between James and Kathy for he had heard Kathy and James talking and quietly followed them. "Woah! I think you need to back off there buddy." Said Drake and putting his arm around Kathy " Um no Drake your the one who needs to back off." Said Kathy pushing him away "no I don't it's this dude who needs to back off. Now if you'll excuse us we will be finishing the walk Kathy has started." Drake said "No Drake leave us alone." Said James taking Kathy's hand and now getting irritated again "Well if it's not big protective "brother" by his little sisters side."Said Drake and circled around James "FOR THE LAST TIME HE IS NOT MY BROTHER AND NEITHER ARE THE OTHER GUYS!!" Yelled Kathy who had had about enough of Drake getting in the way of Her and James. "Come on let's go." James said to Kathy putting his arm around Kathy and started walking toward his house with her "Where're you going?" Drake asked I wasn't finished talking with her yet." Drake called after them with Kathy and James ignoring him. Drake went after them and stopped them "What in the world do you want?" Asked Kathy irritated by Drake "To get back with you." Replied Drake "well too bad I already have a boyfriend and it's James so cry a river build yourself a bridge and get over it." Sassed Kathy,Drake just stood there and stared at Kathy in disbelief Drake opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. Kathy and James continued to walk leaving Drake paralyzed on the sidewalk. After James and Kathy arrived at the guys's house they had a snowball fight,made hot cocoa and watched a movie, after that Kathy went home with Saber.