The Best Big Time Life Ever

Chapter 9: Rest In Peace Saber

A couple weeks later Kathy woke up and couldn't find Saber,so she got up and looked for him,finally she looked under her bed and he was lying there sleeping. Saber woke up and yawned and looked at Kathy and started purring as if to say good morning,Kathy pet his head,"Good morning Saber." Said Kathy Saber got out from underneath the bed and went down the stairs in a way never did before,he was going to down the stairs in a rather slow pace instead of a normal pace like he always did, Kathy thought to herself that it might just be that he is still a little groggy since he had just woken up. Saber went over to his food bowl and ate a little food and drink some water,after that he went and laid down,this was very unusual usually he darted right for the door ready for Kathy to hook his leash up to his collar and go for a walk,Kathy found this surprising. Kathy thought for a moment and she grabbed the leash on the hook. "Here boy want to go for a walk?" Asked Kathy,but it was no use saber just lay there on the cold wooden floor. "Maybe he is still tired." Kathy told herself. So Kathy called up The guys and Jo and asked them over for breakfast. After the guys and Jo arrived Carlos called for Saber,Saner came up to Carlos but didn't tackle or jump up on him like he always did,he just sat there like a bump on a log. "What's up with Saber?" Asked a concerned Carlos "I don't know he's been like that since this morning,he surprisingly didn't want to go for a walk today and he ate very little food and drank very little water." Explained Kathy. A few minutes later the food was done,the guys,Jo,and Kathy ate breakfast,after that the guys and Jo went home except for James,he stayed with Kathy. Kathy and James sat on the couch and stared at Saber who again was lying on the cold wooden floor with his head rested on his paws and staring off into space. Kathy and James called the vet to find out what was wrong.

After the vet arrived he examined Saber but could find nothing wrong with him. "I don't see anything wrong with him,Saber is perfectly healthy but I will give him some antibiotics just in case." Explained the vet,he pulled out a syringe and put antibiotics into it and injected it into Saber,Saber felt a little pinch but it didn't bother him he just lay there. "Will he be okay?" asked Kathy petting Saber's head "He'll be fine. He might even feel better a little bit later or in a day or two." replied the vet "Okay thanks." said James as he shook the vet's hand.
A couple minute later Saber perked up a little bit after the injection,he went on a walk with James then he came back home and ate a little food and drank a little bit of water then went and laid down for a rest. "Looks like he's doing a little bit better." Kathy said smiling and looking into James handsome brown eyes. "looks like it to me too." said James smiling back. "I have to go now I promised the guys I would go play hockey with them at the ice rink today." explained James "Oh ok. Love you." gushed Kathy hugging James "Bye love you too." James gushed back as he hugged Kathy back and gave her a kiss on the cheek "Have fun." Kathy called to James "Okay I will and I'll tell the guys you said hi." James called back, then he got in his car and drove away to the rink.
A couple days later James was driving back to Kathy's house with the guys and Jo along with him to drop in and see how Saber was doing and if he felt any better. When the guys and Jo arrived they rang the doorbell. "Come in." called the guys and Jo came through the door and saw Kathy sitting in the living room corner,hugging her knees and rocking back and forth with her head buried between her arms. "Hey what's up? Asked James,Kathy lifted her head up,her face was red and soaked in tears. "What happened?" Said James rushing toward Kathy and kneeling down in front of her, Kathy tried to speak but couldn't the guys and Jo stood there staring at their friend with worried faces "What?" Asked a concerned Logan Kathy tried to talk once more but all she could do was get up and wrap her arms around James and cry onto his shoulder with James hugging her back and wondering why she was acting like this Kendall walked toward his friends and asked Kathy what was wrong,Kathy let go of James and went back into her position "What happened?" Carlos said softly and concerned,Kathy once again tried to explain but couldn't she took a couple deep breaths and finally got up the strength to say what had happened "Sa....Sa......Sa....Saber." Kathy sputtered out as she stood up and started walking into the kitchen, James,the guys and Jo put on scared faces as they followed Kathy,once in the kitchen and they saw what was wrong,there he lay,Saber still and lifeless on the cold wooden floor. "No." Jo said in disbelief "He can't be,he just can't" said Jo getting teary eyed and hugging Kendall with Kendall putting his arm around Jo.
The next day Kathy and the guys went to the graveyard and buried Saber and put flowers on his grave,Jo didn't come because she said it was too painful for her. "I've had him since he was a cub." Said Kathy in a shaky voice,the guys were too sad to say anything they just let out a deep sigh of sadness. "Rest in peace Saber." Cried Kathy As she hugged James and wiped away tears with her hand,"I want to go home now." Said Kathy "Okay let's go." Said James sadly putting his arm around Kathy. James drove Kathy home after that the guys went back to their homes. Kathy was too sad to eat so she didn't bother making anything for supper so she just went to bed.