1 - darkness

— a certain darkness is needed to see the stars

a certain darkness is
needed to see the stars.

☁︎︎

12am.

the clock finally hit midnight, the perfect time to sneak out and stargaze.

i hurriedly slipped on my pj's and grabbed my milk and blanket to keep me warm.

it was easy for me to climb out of my bedroom window, because we only have one floor and oh god am i thankful for that.

the cold refreshing breeze kissed my face, it smelled unusual, a vanilla and cinnamon smell that i wasn't familiar with.

i held my blanket tightly to my chest and started strolling to the hill near by where i sit by myself.

but this time, god had his things planned out.

a boy was sprawled on the grass with his eyes fixed on the sky, he probably didn't even notice me here.

i have lived in this neighborhood for as long as i can remember, but i haven't seen this kid here.

huh. must be new.

i cleared my throat which made him look back at me,
"this is my territory, and you're entering. explain yourself you spotscam."

the boy gazed at me and let out a giggle,
"i want to stargaze. i didn't mean to take your territory my queen."

i crossed my arms and let out a light scoff,
"i am not your queen."

he smiled and sat up scooching away to let me sit, and so i did.

ignoring his presence beside me, i looked up and saw my inspiration, the many lives of dead-

"it's amazing isn't it?" he questioned.

why? just when i was thinking you interrupted.

"what's amazing?"

he brought his knees up to his chest and grinned to the celestial beings,
"how bright they shine with their loved ones."

i looked back up and realized what he was trying to say.

"did you lose someone?" i glanced back at him and he did the same.

"my sister. she's older than me but i love her anyway. she died years ago, and i will never forget the last words that she choked out," he took a shaking deep breath and muttered out, " 'you will always find me at night, i will always watch you from above baby'."

i scowled, "you must have been through a lot."

he looked at me in this and replied, "she was my only hope, my ticket to heaven."

i sighed loudly and gazed back at the shining stars.

they shine so bright in the darkest days, they were the lights in the sky.

without them, people would be lost and space won't be as beautiful as it is now.

it was like he could read my mind, "what is universe without stars?"

i glimpsed at him,
"black."

he chuckled,
"i despise black."

i tilted my head and smiled,
"why so?"

the boy mocked me and answered,
"it's the color of demons, depression, sadness, knowing no one loves you and many other bad things," he paused "but....it makes the stars shine oh so gracefully....without the dark we wouldn't be able to see them sparkle."

i grinned widely.

never in my life have i met someone like him, a boy who would be fond of the stars.

"what's your name?"

"jungkook. jeon jungkook." he replied with a cheeky smile, "you?"

"luna."

"a beautiful name you have my queen."

i laughed,
"jungkook, i am not your queen."

"you too are."

i shook my head at his statement and reached out for my strawberry milk.

delight filled my cave and i kept on drinking my heart out.

until a sudden gasp made me choke on my milk.

i made a poker face and looked to the boy who was sitting next to me.

i could see his dark eyes glistening at the sight of my drink.

i held it near his face,
"you want some?"

he nodded and snatched it away from me, giving me a banana milk instead.

"i love bananas." he mumbled "and strawberries."

☁︎︎

— hope you guys like this new edit.

sorry if it's long lmao