chapter 1

Katniss' s POV

I am going down the path. The wind blows and brings loads of thoughts to my mind. I think the things have ever happened to me. I have lost my family. They are killed by Panem in a secret way. And the only person left is my younger sister- Prim.

The people in district. 12 cannot accept me. Because I hate them, I hate Panem, I hate everyone and everything, exception Prim. She is the only one I love. I just live for this little, delicate 12 years old girl..

I could not hunt anything today. But, fortunately, there is something to eat at home. I come home with a great sorrow. Prim will see my hands empty and it sucks. Because she needs me, as I need her. I try to hide all my anxiety, take a deep breath and knocks on the door. The door opens and Prim ' s eyes shining with hope are staring at me. " hello, sweetie" that is how I call her. " hello" she says. I take off my boots and clothes which I wear for only hunting. Prim has got everything ready for dinner. I wash up and hurry to the table. She has already understood that we have not got anything tonight. She worries, but does not ask anything. She just do not want to hurt me. We do not speak during eating. Prim is tired, wants to sleep. She likes me singing a song when she sleeps. So I sing. After she falls asleep I go out with all mixed thoughts in my head. I walk and walk, do not even understand how time passed. Suddenly I come across Gale. " hello, how are you?" He says. How am I suppost to be?! " what a stupid question" I reply.

" yeah.. you are right. I wanna to tell you something. "

" okay, what is up?"

" Katniss I do not know if you have ever felt or not... emmm. ."

"Come on, what is that?"

"Maybe you.. emmm. . Understand. .." he tries to continue and I am going on my way, leaving him behind. Then I hear him shouting after me: " Katniss, I love you!"

As soon as I hear this I step to him and smile fakery:"oh, really?"

" yes, so what you say ?"

" I say this!!" I tell and gift him a violet circle on his right eye. Then I begin to go with quick steps. And think about what has just happened. Is he stupid? There is thirst , hunger , illness everywhere. The people have already forgotten how to smile. Plus, all the things about my life. And one day he comes along like " hi, I love you" what did he expect me to do? To hug him and say " me too, dear" ?! And they lived happily forever... but it is not a tale and I am not a princess! ...