Chapter 5

Gale's POV

I cannot help the tears coming down on my face. Now I must leave the girl I love to the hope of the fate. There is nothing I can do for her exception helping her sister. Besides my feelings for Katniss, I love Prim as my own sister. She does not deserve any of these.

I have been loving Katniss since I was 14. She was always different. Especially after her parents' s death. She had to stand on her feet herself and face all the troubles with her little sister. This cannot be easy. I admire her. I can see the way how she gets lost in her own darkness. I can see the sorrow in her beautiful grey eyes even when she tries to smile. I can hear the scream behind her words when she says she is fine. Katniss has been always too strong for her age. She has to be. We have never be friends with her ( she doesn't even have a friend), but we used to talk sometimes. I would never tell her my feelings and make her confused. But there was 2 days to Reaping day. My name had written for 42 times. I would be picked and never see her again. So I just wanted her to know this. But now, I am still here while she will be gone for games after some minutes. That is unfair....

---------------------------------------

Katniss's POV

Then Effie comes in saying " Time is up! We gonna go!" with a smile. Right now I want to knock her down but of course I cannot. After some minutes we get get into train going to Capitol. Peeta is with me now. Each of us has a private room. I dress on new clothes and put the mockingjay on which Prim gave me. It is so valuable to me. Haymitch- our traitor- comes in, namely falls into. We help him to stand up. He cannot even control himself and we expect advise from him. Peeta tries to carry him to the room. Then turns to me: " Let's try it tomorrow" and I nod as I agree. There was no choice. They are going and I am looking through the window. We are passing the mountains. So many things had happened here ( during the war). Again I am lost in my thoughts. Can I be back home ever after? At least, I will try. Cause there are people waiting for me in the district.12.

All day long I sit in the corner trying to understand fully the situation I am in. At night it is hard to sleep for me. How is Prim now? What is she doing? I guess Gale helps her to calm down. Prim is loved there. She is friends with many people , especially good friends with Gale. I have not romantic feelings for him but I cannot deny that he is a good boy really. Always careful, honest, brave and nice. Plus, he is so handsome. He has many lovers at school but, I am just not one of them.

The next day i sit by the window again. Peeta comes and sits face to face with me:

" What will we do? Haymitch is still sleeping. " he says. But I cannot reply. I have known him for years. I do not have any bad memory about Peeta. But now he is sitting face to face with me. And after 1 or 2 weeks we will have to try to kill each other. I avoid looking in his eyes. He continues:

" Katniss, our life depends on this goddamn drunk now!!!"

These words slap me, I stand up suddenly and get into Haymitch ' s room. I shake him and shout : " Wake up, you idiot!" But all he is doing is swearing in a low voice and turning in his bed. The anger is burning inside of me, I lose my control so take the water from the table and pour it to his face. Peeta is watching me with wide opened eyes. Finally Haymitch wakes up and jumps from his bed shouting:

" What is happening here? Are you crazy? ?!!"

" Yeah I am and if you do not stay awake I will be also dead in 2 weeks!! Because e of your stupidity the dead bodies of our district's teenagers have being picked from arena for years! You must advise us!" I speak without thinking.

" Advice? Okay, so stay alive! That is it" he says and burst into laugh.

This time Peeta gets mad, takes Haymitch ' s arm and pushes him into the wall.

" But it did not sound so funny to us! " Peeta says raining an eyebrow. So they begin to fight.

" Stop, you fools!!" - I shout- " I must win this damn games, I have promised!"

" Okay, okay. That is enough . You two wanna advise?" Haymitch tells.

" Yes!" Peeta and I cry in the same time.

" Alright, I will try to stay awake as much as I can. And you - he takes his drink pointing us- will obey me, whatever I say. "

" Okay" Peeta says .

" So go out my room and let me sleep. " he tells laying on his bed again.

We stare at him.

" What? ! It is the best thing you can do now. Just go."

So we turn to the door to go out and I hear his voice again:

" Ah, one more thing. Young lady, try to knock on the door for the next time." He says. I roll my eyes and leave him alone.

As soon as we leave this room, we see Effie coming to us:

" Hi guys!! I had works to do, but now I am here. There is none to worry about! "

" We worried a lot about you ,Effie." I smirk.

Effie takes my words serious while Peeta bites his lips not to laugh.

" Let's go to eat and talk." She says.

The first part of her sentence seeks our attention and we both follow her to the another room.

When we finish eating Haymitch joins us:

" Good morning all"

" It is almost afternoon. " I say without thinking.

" Whatever. I am here not to discuss the times of the day, but to talk about games." Now he has all my attention .

" Yeah, first you must be adorable, beautiful!" He says.

" Are you kidding with us?" Peeta seems angry.

" And I see that it will not be easy for you." Haymitch stare at us like we are stupid.

" We are listening to you, Haymitch" I say throwing an angry look to Peeta.

" If you ate dying of thirst or freezing of coldness, you have not got a chance to win unless the things you need come in parachutes to you. So you need to seek sponsors' attention. You must behave well and show your power. Their hearts us the first thing you must win before games. So try to hide your hatred, Katniss. And tour a anger, Peeta. This attitude won't help you. It is a TV show and you gonna act. That is enough for today"

As soon as he finishes his speech, begins to drink.

--------------------------

Train is arriving in Capitol. We are watching the view. That is outstanding. Then we see people laughing and waving hands to us. This drives me mad and I go far from window forgetting the things Haymitch has said. Train stops and we get off. OMG! That was nothing what we saw on TV. Such a place. .. I cannot hide my expression. I can see that Peeta shares the same feelings with me now. Effie is cine from behind satisfied and stands in front of us. A smile appears on her face when she says :

" Welcome to Capitol!"