chapter 2

I have arrived home. Prim is sitting silently. I know that she is hungry. Nowadays we have not had anything food to eat. It is getting dark. It is too late to go to the forest. Wood is really dangerous in this time of day. But Prim... I wear my clothes for hunting. Prim stands up and coming towards me: " hey, where are you going? It is not necessary"
" sweetie, I am hungry" I try to hide my main reason ,but she is too smart to believe this...

" you are lying. You go for..." I interrupt her: "no, I just do not want to sleep with a croacking stomach"

She knows, she cannot stop me now. I kiss her on her cheek and go out. I get afraid but my love for my sister comes over the fear. I enter the forest and take my arrows and bow which were my dad's, but now mine under the stone. I starle every time I hear something. I see a rabbit running. I guess it is running from something but now I do not care about what the matter is. All I think is its fresh meat. One arrow and it is dead. I want to get it into my bag but suddenly I hear such a sound that makes my whole body tremble. I turn and look where the sound comes from. A couple of eyes are shining in the darkness. I take this rabbit and begin to run as fast as I can. During running I get the rabbit into bag and wear it. Oh my God! That is a wolf with sharp teeth what is chasing me. I climb a tree. Wolf is trying to catch me but cannot. I am over it now. An hour has already passed but this animal is still waiting below. I think it is hungry too but I am not going to be its supper.

Oh.. probably Prim worries about me and blames herself. Then I begin to think about today's love confession. My family, games... thoughts, thoughts and thoughts. . They never leave me. .I look below , it is asleep. I am afraid to go down but now or never. I am going down slowly and some brunches are broken by me. I stop for a moment but it is okay. Wolf moves but is still asleep. I begin to run as soon as my feet touch the land. It is almost night and there must be electric going through the fence. But Gale usually hunts here and has made a safe hole to enter and exit. Then I see some plants next to the fence. There is still not a sign of any animal so I pick these plants and put into my bag. I have never paid attention them before. And this sound again. .. I throw my bag then I go out from this hole softly. But the wolf is not as lucky as me. It is coming with a high speed and as soon as it touches the fence.... I watch the death of this animal which kept me on a tree about 70- 80 minutes (!!!) With a cruel smile on my face. I go home feeling as a victim. Prim is waiting for me at the door. We enter home together . I wash and keep the plants on the ember for a while then bring it to the table. They are more delicious than I expected. Prim seems a bit better now and we go to sleep. The next day I wake up early and clean the rabbit I have hunted to cook. It is cooking on fire while I am busy with tea. After some time the table consisting of rabbit, mint tea and plants is ready. The tasty smell wakes Prim up. She comes here and sees the table which is a quite feast for us. I can see the happiness on her beautiful face now. It worth all the fear and danger I lived yesterday. ..