An argument and a 'old' friend

I stood there along with the Big leagues sans Batman semi listening to Superman, meanwhile in my head.

'WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY I NEVER MADE A SPEECH INFRONT OF ANY TYPE OF CROWD!?' I thought in panic in my head but my face was as cheerful as can be. This is the moment where I will be influencing the younger generation as well as the current heroes of todays society.

"-and now I will be handing it over to the person who you people are wandering about." finished Superman who proceeded to walk off stage for me to take over.

As calmly as I could I walked onto stage my footsteps echoing across the room, I stopped at the podium looking out to a large group of heroes awaiting for my speech.

I took a deep breath and begun my speech.

"As all of you are wondering my name is Merlin and yes I am the Merlin of Arthurian legends." I introduced myself getting wide eyes from some people who knew me and one terrifying glare from one. Zatanna.

"If you are skeptical this was proven with the use of Wonder Woman rope of truth." I responded to those who might be skeptical of me and Zatanna had stoped that glare of hers directed at me. Either way I continued my speech.

" As most of you know I trained Britain's greatest hero, all of you most know that I didn't train the greatest. There were many other heroes around the world who were trained by others, for example there is Scathach who I still believe is performing her duty in the shadow realm. Scathach was the teacher of Ireland's hero the 'child of light' Cú Chulainn. I mean look at Chiron of Greece he has taught 3 heroes compared to me, all of them famous for their own deeds... But all of us had one thing in common... we cared for those we trained even feeling as if they were our children, we never trained them to fulfil their prophecy first. We trained them because we cared... So if I will be training any new heroes even the older ones I will enjoy every second of it." and so I finished my speech with a smile on my face.

The hall was silent before one by one the heroes began to clap starting with Superman.

'Oh thank God they liked my speech, that was probably one of the most embarrassing things that has happened to me.' I thought in my head keeping the positive look on my face smiling.

After ten minutes I was among the crowd of heroes introducing themselves to me, it was enjoyable talking to these people I wish I done this in my previous life. I even conversed with Zatanna who went to Wonder Woman earlier to confirm my statement about being merlin, we begun talking about magic and the apparent magic I used. I was then teaching her about Ethernano and how it was what I called mana which was what fuelled our spells.

Everything was going well... until... well how can I put this nicely...? Oh yeah the spoiled brat herself Supergirl came in. and let me tell you something I lived with the batbrats for 10 months and they are not spoiled thanks to Batman but they were definitely cocky, Supergirl on the other hand created an aura of spoil around herself and she lived with Superman's parents who are by the way country side farmers.

"Hello I am Supergirl" she introduced herself to me with that cringey tone of hers but to be on Superman's good side I persevered. On the other hand Zatanna was annoyed her little magic lesson was being interrupted 

"Greetings as you've already heard I am Merlin." I greeted back nodding to her.

"So your the legendary trainer of King Arthur I always thought you were supposed to be an old man?" she annoyingly said questioned me I don't know I'm getting annoyed that she is literately stating the obvious and Zatanna can clearly feel my annoyance and is taking steps back and looking worried due to the aura of invisible magic surrounding me.