five

05 || poe's problem

"GENERAL, WE'VE GOT A BIGGER MATTER THAN JUST THE FIRST ORDER ON OUR HANDS

"GENERAL, WE'VE GOT A BIGGER MATTER THAN JUST THE FIRST ORDER ON OUR HANDS."

RESISTANCE BASE, ILLENIAN SYSTEM-

Poe felt betrayed.

Sitting in a cantina, all alone, satchel now empty (along with his purse strings), he was rather hurt. A girl, one that seemed so inconspicuous with her trusting eyes and small hidden smile had stolen from him.

No, not just him.

Stolen something from the Resistance.

Space Girl ( as he had so nicknamed her) hadn't left him a clue as to who she actually was, only walking out with two men that she had seemingly told him were competitors in the smuggling business. Now, he knew that they weren't. They were her backup, and most likely some sort of trooper.

And the girl was a spy.

She had played Poe like a fiddle, tempting him in with her vague answers to attempt to have a mysterious guise about herself, a twinkle in her eyes something familiar to his. A sense of rebellion and adventure, hidden behind a shadow of everything she had lost.

Unfortunately for Poe, that wasn't the case. She had been spying for the First Order, using him to get what she desired - that machine part they had intercepted in a First Order shipping smuggling ship. And he still had no clue what the machine did still.

Space Girl has made up lies about what it did and the benefits of it. She said it was perfect for a smuggler's ship, something to make it go faster. Surprisingly, Poe didn't believe that it did anything even remotely close to that.

Downing the last of his drink, Poe threw out the last two coins he had on the table, making sure the bartender was well paid for the skirmish that had just occurred inside of his cantina, brushing himself off and walking out of the bar. The music from inside the cantina could still be faintly heard as the doors shut behind him, the man not bothering to look back at his place of failure.

Just outside, his faithful droid, his friend BB-8 sat patiently, the rules of no droids inside of a cantina holding firm in this behind the times Outer Rim planet.

"Hey, BB." He greeted, pushing a hand through his hair with a pitiful and sorrowful sigh. The beeps of his droid answered his greeting, almost asking a question of his friend and master. "Yeah, I didn't exactly find the information that I wanted."

Surprised noises came from the droid, the small ball like droid banging up against his master hard, earning a yelp from Poe. "Well, it's not exactly like she had 'FIRST ORDER' tattooed on her forehead. How was I supposed to know that she was going to be stealing the machine from me?"