twenty-three

23|| the plan to end the base

"YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN ME ON THIS? I LIVED ON THIS BASE FOR  YEARS

"YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN ME ON THIS? I LIVED ON THIS BASE FOR YEARS. I GOT THIS."

RESISTANCE BASE, ILLENIAN SYSTEM-

"Poe? Briefing room is ready, whenever you are."

In that exact moment. Kyra had never felt this amount of nerves rush through her body. If her first interactions with the Resistance General Organa hadn't been enough to make her almost want to turn up any remaining amount of food she had eaten in the past three days (which wasn't much at all, the most being some dried jerky on the Millenium Falcon), now she had to face the entire Resistance. She had seen the stares that the Resistance had given her- and now Kyra was going to be the one informing all of them on the weapon that had just destroyed one of their most important allies.

"Did BB-8 get all of the information I gave him uploaded onto the Resistance's database?" Kyra found the voice inside of her, swallowing down any nerves that were rising into her throat. There was a nervous look on her face, her brow furrowed deeply, almost as if she was trying to concentrate but was too nervous to do so. She turned to Poe, who gave her a small smile, grabbing a hold of her hand again.

"Yeah, he did, Kyra." Poe reassured the young woman, seeing the unrest in her eyes. It made him upset to see her this nervous, especially when he knew that the Resistance would welcome her with open arms. Granted, the looks when they had walked in had kind of set a bad precedent, but he was sure that when they all got to know Kyra- the real Kyra- they would warm up to her like he did.

"Okay, because I wouldn't want him to get lost with all of the information." Kyra gave a small sigh, looking at Poe with a relieved look. There was still that glint of nervousness in her eyes, something that probably wouldn't go away until she got more comfortable with the Resistance. " That's practically everything that I could grab before I-"

"Kyra." Poe stopped her, placing his free hand on her cheek, his eyes making direct contact with hers. He could feel the heat rise to her cheeks, and it made him blush a little bit too. "Everything you have will be more than enough help to us. It'll be alright in there."

Taking a deep breath in, Kyra tried to calm her nerves as she grabbed Poe's hand on her cheek, savoring the moment that she was in. She had to admit, it was strange to have someone be there for her and make her feel as comfortable and happy as he made her during such a dark time. But Kyra was there for every second. "Thanks." She muttered, smiling back up at him.

Are you two done staring intently into each other's eyes or can we get this report done with? BB-8 quietly rolled up to the two's conversation, seeing the two people that he was closest with in the middle of what he could only call an intimate conversation.

The two immediately broke free of the moment that they were in, Poe awkwardly clearing his throat as BB-8 looked at the both of them. Kyra and Poe exchanged a nervous look, both of them quickly letting go of the other's hand. Whatever the two of them were- well, they weren't exactly ready to start declaring it to the entire Resistance. "We should probably listen to BB-8 and get inside there. They're probably waiting for all of that information that you're going to give them.'