twenty-seven

27 || sos received

"THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE

"THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE."

STAR KILLER BASE, FIRST ORDER

There was a cool sort of calm that washed the entire scene as Kyra closed her eyes.

A feeling that she could rest, that her job had been finished seemed to overwhelm her. The base would be destroyed, she had saved two of her friends, one from being captured and manipulated by Ren, the other from a life that he didn't want to live. She had saved lives- doing the very opposite thing that she had been taught to do.

Maybe it was her time. Maybe everything that she had fought for, all of those years being forced to kill for the First Order, had led to this. She had saved the lives of everyone on Sorgan that still remained under the First Order's rule, and she had saved Han.

A man that she almost considered a father.

If she had saved the lives of so many, maybe it was a sign from whatever powers that were in the galaxy that it was her time. Maybe Kyra would finally be able to rest after all the years of tortured nightmares and horrendous acts that she had to commit in the name of a cause she never wanted to be a part of.

"But you can't rest, Kai Azura." A voice brought Kyra out of her thoughts, the young woman opening her eyes to find herself not where she had fallen to the ground. It was a place that seemed to mimic the home planet Sorgan that she knew so well in the back of her mind, fuzzy in memory but the feeling of home still there all the same. A soft sense of darkness washed over the small village, the stars of the galaxy above twinkling brightly in the sky.

In that moment, Kyra was left utterly speechless. Her mother, the one that she had just found out so much about, was standing in front of her, much younger in nature than how Kyra imagined her. As soon as she tried to open her mouth to speak, the young woman found that there were no words to describe the feeling that she had in the bottom of her heart.

There was a feeling of warm contact on her face as her mother rushed towards where Kyra laid on the ground, the woman carefully bending down to cup her hands around her face. "There is much more for you to do in this life yet. Don't give up just now." Her mother whispered, her head declining so that their foreheads touched, a sign of her motherly love.

"But-"

"What have I told you?" Kyra's mother looked straight into her daughter's eyes, seeing the familiar look of an irritated love rise in her eyes. "There are no buts. You're my daughter, and you have to listen to what I tell you. Besides, you have to fight for another person now." She smiled a knowing grin, her daughter realizing what her mother was implying. "Go find your pilot again. Go find your happy ending the way that I never could with your father."