fifteen

15 || desert conversations

"WE HAVE TO TRUST EACH OTHER IF WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT OUT OF HERE

"WE HAVE TO TRUST EACH OTHER IF WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT OUT OF HERE. SO, WHAT'S YOUR STORY?"

JAKKU, WESTERN REACHES, INNER RIM-

"Kyra!"

The world was a deep yellow, everything strange and foreign as Kyra heard her name be called. Everything was ringing in her ear, a whine slowly weaving in and out of every noise that she heard- the crackle of fire, the moving of sand, someone's screams-

Wait.

Who was calling her?

"Kyra!" She heard the voice again, this time followed by a firm shake of her body. Jolting herself out of whatever haze she had just been in, Kyra stared up into Finn's eyes, her brain finally catching up to what she was seeing around her. "Kyra, c'mon, wake up. We gotta go find Poe."

"What the hell happened?" Kyra slowly got herself up, rubbing her head, a phantom pain appearing there for a brief moment. "I thought that we were heading back down to Jakku on the TIE fighter. We had-"

"Well, we're on Jakku now, Kyra. And we have to get moving. I see the wreckage a couple of dunes away. We gotta go check and see if Poe is there. I was lucky to have found you on my way over to the ship, but I haven't been so lucky enough to find Poe." Finn held out his hand for Kyra to grab a hold of, and he stabilized her as she stood again, trying to regain both of their balances in the sand.

Standing up, Kyra thanked Finn with a nod of her head. She turned around to see what Finn was staring at- the ship that was burning a couple of sand dunes away. He was right about that- and if Poe was still over there, the both of them had to rescue him.

"What are we waiting for?" Kyra jacked her thumb over at the spaceship, already starting to walk over there. "We gotta go see if Dameron's over there." She agreed, turning her back to Finn. The two of them started to navigate over to the spaceship, navigating the awkward hills that the sand dunes created.

The ship was absolutely destroyed, black smoke billowing from the flames that had consumed half of the spaceship. There was debris scattered everywhere as the two got closer to where the actual remains of the ship were, one side of the protective windows shattered open. Heat radiated off of it as the two rebel First Order members got closer, Kyra having to shield her eyes from the sun due to the angle that she was looking at it from.

Finn, however, didn't hesitate to run to the ship, sliding down the sand dunes with an ungracefulness that almost made Kyra laugh. "Poe!" He yelled, running to the side of the ship that wasn't fully ripped apart. "Poe!"

Kyra walked hastily to catch up with him, stopping just behind him to stare at the wreckage. Upon not seeing the Resistance pilot unconscious by the ship, her face's expression had molded into one of worry. "Poe!" Her voice joined Finn's as they both ran to the glass, Kyra stopping just before the flames that surrounded the glass.