twelve

12 || the last straw

"WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO ME NOW, HUH? YOU JUST LOCK ME UP FOR THE REST OF MY DAYS TO ROT?"

STAR DESTROYER, FIRST ORDER-

There was a sort of silence inside of the interrogation rooms that Kyra had never experienced before inside of the First Order. It was chilling, an ominous draft blowing her way every once in a while, whether that be from one person entering the room to try and break her or that same person leaving when they had failed.

She couldn't tell how many days it had been inside of here. The dull thud of her heart beating seemed to be the only thing keeping time. The only way Kyra could tell the time was by counting how many people had come in and out of the room she had been stuck in so far.

Right now, that count was at 15.

Her eyes had been closed for the past... well, she didn't know how long, but Kyra had tried to get some semblance of rest after the last interrogator, General Armitage Hux, had failed. She knew he had stomped out in a fuss, muttering to some stormtroopers escorting a new prisoner outside about someone bigger coming in.

She had no clue who he was talking about, unconsciousness drawing her in before she could finish. But now, Kyra could tell that there was something different about the room, even with her eyes closed. It was a new sort of dynamic, and it wasn't a good one by any means.

Daring to open her eyes a crack, Kyra immediately found the change in the room, her eyes staring into the mask of the sith lord apprentice himself, Kylo Ren.

Ah, so that was the person that Hux had ordered come into the room and deal with her.

It didn't take Ren but a moment to realize she had forced herself back from unconsciousness, the man rising from where he sat in the corner. He had been tucked away from all of the main lights in the room, most of them glaring down at Kyra with a harsh light.

"So the traitor finally awakens." The hostile tone from the masked man was noted by Kyra quickly, trying to squint her eyes to see him better as he adhered to the darkness. "I'm surprised you made it through all of those interrogators- especially Hux. He had the belief that he wouldn't leave until he broke you."

"Guess he was wrong." Kyra barely whispered, the pain from Hux and the interrogators before rushing back into her like an ocean wave crashing into the shore. Her eyes still staring into Ren's, she tried to keep her wince of pain unnoticed.

That didn't work, however. The sith lord apprentice immediately noticed, clicking his tongue in almost disappointment. "When I trained you for all of these 9 years, I thought I taught you better than to let your enemy show that you're in pain."

"Well, when almost every surface of your body is littered in bruises and cuts, get back to me on that not showing pain thing." Kyra gave her best attempt at a sneer to the man, not bothering to break eye contact with him. She wasn't the girl that she was four years ago, bright eyed and fearful of the First Order. And Kyra was ready to show Kylo Ren that fact.