Chapter 13

It was the most awkward moment they shared because their mom just came out of the toilet and saw everyone and heard her name being mentioned as a culprit for the kidnaping in the dad's case...She didn't know how to react she kept quiet for a while so that everyone swallow what they heard...she felt bad for what she did...she was filled with guilt but that cannot change now since everything has taken place already.. After a while, the dad said," yes it's your mom " for the second time now then she decided to show herself before the kids.Darren saw mrs Winston first and uttered"what the" and they all turned towards where Darren's eyes landed and then Jannet and Amber's eyes also met the person who gave them birth,then left them, forgot them and kidnapped their father standing before them...Jannet stood up from her seat and asked the woman "why are you here?" She was very upset to see her.

"Dad? Why is she here now?What is going on?"..Amber also looked at her dad with the looks of confusion and asked him"Dad? What's this?"

" I can explain everything. Now calm down both of you"..Mr.Perkins said

meanwhile, Darren was left awkward at the reunion of the family so he decided to leave them alone for a bit...

"Uh, I think I got a call from my mom. I'll be back in a minute"that was the only excuse he could come up with  at 5am and went out...

"we don't want any explanation. We just want her out. That's all" Janet snapped with tone of hatred which Darren heard faintly as he walked out of the house.

"But Jannet darling give your mom some respect and give her a chance to explain" Mr. Perkin tried to convince the angry-fustrated daughter.

" Dad I'm serious. I never had a mom and I was totally fine with it and now you're letting this  stranger enter this house  or should I say criminal,  claiming she's our mom. I'm not gonna buy it Dad" Jannet spill the words out of spite for her biological mom .

"Jannet.!..that's it...you won't speak another word or its you who will be a stranger soon"Mr. Perkins warned her daughter.

Amber looked at her sister telling her to try to listen to what the woman has to say and Jannet unwilling agreed.

"My girls, I know what I have done deserves the greatest hatred and I'm not asking for forgiveness either.I just wanted to reunite with the two of you as there has never been a day that I go by without thinking of my two beautiful girls. At first, I was ashamed of what I had done so I couldn't come earlier or else I would have,trust me. But I also know that both of you have grown up so much that you'd understand things;the things I've done and I'm sure you hate me right now as you also speak of me to go away .I understand it all. But please my babies, I don't know how to live without you. I would go mad if I lose you gals again. I know I have no say in this matter but I'm ready to do anything for you to accept me and allow me to Stay in your father's house.please girls! And your Dad has his faults too because I never intended to come back but it was your dad who made me..." Mrs.Winston  told the Perkins sisters.

Hearing these honest-selfish words Both the daughters eyes were starting to tear up but Amber turns away and wiped  off  the collected tears thinking its not worth the cry for a cruel person like her mom. By now, even the mother was in tears

"You know what, I think it's best if you just leave the house like you do best or do whatever.... I don't care. Just don't bother me anymore" these were Jannet comment and She headed straight to her bedroom stomping her feet  and banged the door hard showing  her anger

Then Mr. Winston looks at the younger daughter  and Amber just shrugs like she doesn't care and says "Do whatever"..and she plugged in her ear-pods and goes out of the house for some morning fresh air.