chapter 16

The morning Darren never came for his work. Mr. perkins was surprised and upset but understood him at the same time though he didnt know the reason exactly. He thought what happened last night might have made him do this or he just don't know what has happened.

Meanwhile,  Amber was expecting to meet Darren and maybe talk about the weird dream she had but since he didn't show up,  she was disappointed in an odd way,  because she kept telling herself  that he is no one to her,  he is just a random, normal bodyguard yet she felt her day was incomplete if she did not get to meet him atleast once a day.

There was a strange attachment growing among the Perkins with Darren,  and with his current absence,  there was an arousal of gloominess in the family.

Now its already the second day,  past 2p.m. He still didn't show up..Mr perkins tried calling him many times but it was not answered even once. So he asked Jannet to call him .So she did and even left a text saying " Dad is really pissed"  but it was left unread.

At the brink of the moment, Mr.perkins even thought about firing Darren for being so irresponsible and not being commited to his job but he tried keeping his composure for he thought Darren might have a reason for doing so and he knows how well his daughters get along with him .

Mr.Perkins had to go abroad for an important meeting  that was to last for three days in different places, and with his ex wife at home together with his daughters,  he thought it was the worst idea  for them to be together and just leave them behind with the current situation going on,  but he couldn't miss the meeting so he deployed two of his best personal bodyguards on stand to watch over his family while Darren was absent...Both the daughters were not happy with their dad's idea because they know how strict their Dad's bodyguards can be or are,  but they did't had any choice in the matter right now so they comply to his order..

On the third day Mr. Perkins received a message on his phone very late at night when he was resting in his luxurious suit,  which read
" sir,  I am really sorry for leaving without any notice.My Dad suddenly passed away so I had to leave ASAP. And with the busy funeral and everything,  I did not had the chance to get my hands on the phone. I would understand if you fire me.
Sorry for the trouble I moght have caused.

After reading that, Mr. Perkins went to grab the best wine he had at the moment and sat silently near the giant window in a fancy europian winged armchair for a long time;contemplating and being indecisive for what he should do next. He stood up after more than an hour and he send back a message which read
"Just get your ass back  when everything goes well there.It's okay and Very sorry for the loss" and with that he went to bed .