chapter 17

The next morning just before his meeting,   Mr.Perkins let his daughters know about Darren's reason for his absence.

Amber receiving the message, she decided to get a morning coffee near the coffeshop which sales the best coffee. The owner was known to be  an experienced  professional coffee blender.And only those who got their hands to taste his mysterious special coffee knows how good it tastes and  the satisfaction they get after drinking..

One of the guard decided to follow Amber but she persisted him that he need not because it was something she always do almost every morning and the place  was  near and safe .Then the bodyguard went and enquired the older sister about it and Jannet was surprised to hear what was being told to her because Amber never drinks coffee in the morning but she thought Amber needed a break from the bodyguard because she also knows how frustrating it can be being followed everywhere and not having any privacy,  so she decided to play along with Amber's little game and told the bodyguard that it was fine letting her go alone and instead,  he should watch over their mother because She herself will be leaving for a commercial shoot very soon.The bodyguard agreed.

After half an hour, Jannet left for work with the second body guard   driving to the photoshoot station.While on their way,  Jannet texted her little sister what she was planning to do shooing away the bodyguard.

Amber said that She left for klepton where Darren resides and reading this Jannet was frustrated and angry like never before,  regretting she should have let the bodyguard go with her. But for now,  she had to put on a poker face so the bodyguard wont notice anything suspicious.All through the drive to the photoshoot station,  Jannet kept on thinking what might have caused Amber to take such a sudden decision. It was so not like her to leave home just like that to meet a guy or was she just paying a respectful visit to the recently deceased family. She didn't know the answer to her own question. After reaching her station before handing her phone to her manager she texted Darren, which read "You better take care of her or i'm gonna kick your ass myself "then she handed her phone to the manager and went into the changing room.

Darren was confused by what Jannet meant and he replied  asking what she meant but didnt get any replies back. Later that evening around 7:30 P.m there was a knock on Darren's door...A little boy of age seven went to open the door and there stood a  girl who seemed lost and tired .The girl asked for Darren so the little boy ran and called for his big brother saying there was a stranger calling for him.
Darren thought it might be his friends again since they have been coming often to comfort him but to his surprise there stood a girl with the brightest orange hair who took his breath away when they first met at the airport. He didnt know how to react. whether he should go nearer then he already did or to wakeup from which he thought was just an illusion  that Amber was really standing at his door...While thinking all these,  he found himself embracing Amber in his arms, holding her so tightly like she was to disappear the next second..He couldn't believe Amber came alone all the way to meet him here. At the same time,  he was scared of the consequences if her father finds out about this and also he was not sure whether she took permission or not,  but for a brief moment,  he refused to believe that she didn't take any permission  and  allowed himself to believe that  she really came to meet him and only him because his heart was pounding hard with happiness  and he felt rescued.