Ch.18: A Happy Return

(Heavy: by Linkin Park, nightcore)

Two days later.....

Y/N POV

Jade an Able still haven't come back or told me anything. Everyone else has been safe in the mansion and there haven't been anymore disappearances or imposters. Well one person still isn't home.....Jeff, lj and ej keep an eye on me now and hang out with me a lot. Smile dog has been with me too! Apparently he was on a solo mission and thats why he hasn't been around. Right now Im on my bed playing with smiles. He has been keeping me busy and helps me keep my mind at ease. Anyways smiles licked my face and i giggled and leaned back.
"Smiles stop!" I giggled
He stopped and chuckled an smiled. I pet him and scratched him behind his ears and he wagged his tail. It wagged faster and he flopped onto the bed comfortably. I giggled and laid down with him but he got up and went somewhere.
"I'll be back! wait!!" Smiles said excitedly
I sat up and smiled. I waited and then he came in with a leash in his mouth and he dropped it on my lap.
"Can you take me on a walk? Please!" Smiles asked
"Of course smiles!" I said happily
I picked up the leash and i hooked it up with his collar. We walked out my room and down stairs.
"IM GONNA TAKE SMILES FOR A WALK, ILL BE BACK!" I shouted for who ever was near by.
I heard a few okays and alrights, then left. We walked around the house then when we came back in front we walked to the town.
"So i heard you an masky got together." Smiles said
"Yeah." I replied happily
"How's it been?" He asked
"Its been great! Well aside from the arguments an fights, and him leaving on a mission, but besides that it's been amazing!" I said
Smiles chuckled and then pulled me off the trail. He went through the forest and then jeff popped out. He picked me up bridal style and i looked at him confused.
"Don't worry, kid, we just have a surprise for you." Jeff said
He carried me into the woods and I complained for him to put me down. Then we went saw a cave and i stopped talking.
"Jeff?" I asked
"Yeah." He asked
"What are we doing?" I asked
"A surprise." He replied
Then masky came out the cave and i gasped. I made jeff drop me but i got on my feet. I ran to masky and hugged him tight. He spinned me in a hug and j giggled. He stopped and just held me in his arms.
"I've missed you so much, love!" Masky said softly
"Ive missed you too masky!" I replied back.
"Awe, i see 30 kids in your future." Jeff teased
"Fuck You Jeff." Masky chuckled
Me an masky let go and i kissed him. Masky was taken back an chuckled. He kissed me back and jeff gagged.
"Ew, i should've expected this." Jeff complained
I chuckled and we stopped.
"C'mon, lets go home." Masky said
"Okay." I said happily
We got away from each other and masky held my hand. I held his hand too and smiled. We walked home and smiles walked besides me.
"Did you know about this?" I asked him
"Maybe?" He said
I chuckled as we walked home.
"Hey, babe? I've been thinking that we need a vacation and before we did this surprise i had asked slender man if everyone can have a break an he agreed." Masky said
"For real?" I asked
Masky nodded and i smiled.
"Yeah, maybe we all do need a break." I said
Smiles nodded and jeff just ranted on how we definitely need a break with all the bullshit going on. I chuckled and shook my head at him as he continued to rant.

Time skip

We got home and most of everyone welcomed masky home. Well most meaning hoodie, who just walked away not saying a word. Anyways me an masky were in my room cuddling and masky chuckled.
"Hey love? What place would you like to see if you were ever able to." Masky asked
"Hm? Let me see...?" I said asking myself as well.
Masky played with my hair and just held my close as well. Then the perfect place came to mind.
"I would like a place where there was water and lovely tall trees! The sky still shining through and just the right amount of beauty." I said describing it.
"That sounds nice." Masky chuckled
I smiled and looked up at him.
"What about you?" I asked
"Me? Well i would like the place you are in, every moment and in every time. Just right next to you." Masky said softly
I smiled more and giggled a little.
"I love you masky." I said softly
"I love you more baby." Masky chuckled
I felt happy and i just wanted to stay here forever.
"Hey Y/N, can i talk to you for a sec?" Ej asked
Fuck.
"Yeah sure." I said
I sat up and masky frowned. I chuckled and kissed his cheek.
"I'll be back, relax." I said
"Alright." He said and smiled
I smiled back and went with Ej. He lead me to his room and then just stood outside.
"So whats up?" I asked
"So there's this dark feeling everyone is having and i just recently felt it and its now concerning. So im just gonna do a little test run on you to check if your okay and also give you some stuff so you can heal from anything." Ej explained
"Feeling? I haven't felt anything?" I asked
"Yeah I didn't either till recently." Ej said
"Well okay then?" I said not really concerned
Ej smiled and went in his room and i followed.
"Sit anywhere, I'll just get a few things to get started and dr. smiley is gonna help as well." Ej said
"Okay." I replied
Ej left into another room and i just sat on his bed. I noticed how big and medical his room was and was impressed. Dr. Smiley and ej came and had some stuff and machines. They ran a bunch of tests and gave me a few antibiotics and potions because of a few things that were off. Then Dr. Smiley took out a something weird and looked at me.
"Can you lay down real quick? Im gonna scan your stomach for something and I'll just lift your shirt just a bit." Dr. smiley said
"Okay?" I said not bothered
I laid down and he lifted my shirt a bit and put a weird gel on my stomach. He put the thing on my stomach and moved it around as he looked at a screen. Dr. Smiley sighed and took off the machine and cleaned off the gel from my stomach.
"Never mind, false alarm." Smiley said
I looked at him confused but just shrugged. They continue to run some tests on my immune system, my brain, my KAG, EKG, checked for any diseases. Etc.
    Some time has passed and they finished.  They said nothing is wrong with me and that everything was normal. They also said i was developing a flu so they had treated it before it affected me and made me sick.
"Oh well thanks." I said an smiled
"No problem." Smiley replied
"Hey remember we did all this so we can protect you better and so you can be healthier and easy to heal." Ej said
"Yeah so don't be out there getting killed." Ej teased
"I can't make any promises ej." I teased back
We laughed and it was nice.
"Alright you can go back with Masky now that we're done." Smiley said
"Yay!" I cheered
Ej chuckled and opened the door as i got up. I left and giggled to myself as i have amazing friends. I got to my room and saw masky laying down, asleep. I smiled and went over to him. I pulled the covers over him and tried to move him to be comfier. I kissed his head and left so he can sleep. I closed the door and left down stairs an saw no one. I was bored and went back up stairs and just went to my room. I opened the door carefully to check if masky was awake but he was asleep. I giggled quietly and went in. I closed the door quietly and went to the bed. I laid down next to him and put his arm around me. I blushed at myself as that was stupid but masky chuckled tiredly.
"Thats so cute." He yawned
I smiled and he pulled me closer. He put the blanket over me as we laid there together. He fell back asleep and i chuckled quietly. I started to fall asleep and i smiled as my heart fluttered to the beat of maskys heart....