CHAPTER 5

"Beauty isn't about having a pretty face, it's about having a pretty mind,  pretty heart and pretty soul" - Anonymous.

INDIA

Tristan remained seated in his vehicle and for the next few seconds, his eyes didn’t stop running like a faucet. His Kleenex had finished since he exhausted every piece wiping his teary cheeks. He was certain that by this time, if he stared at his mirror, his eyeballs would be red and swollen from all his hours of crying.

A few minutes later, he heard the loud blaring of siren.

Wih-wih-wih.

An ambulance.

What was happening and why would an ambulance be in this quiet neighbourhood at such an ungodly hour. His eyes went to the wing mirror of his car.

Oh my God! What am I seeing?

The ambulance sped past his car. Racing like it was headed for the Rashtrapati Bhavan to save the president. After he set Priyanka’s car on fire, he drove quite a distance away from her house ‘cause the truth was, he was tired of seeing the face of his uncle’s killer.

Fire. Fire. Panic swooped over him like a large bird of prey.

His eyes were still on his wing mirror.

What am I seeing?

Tell me it’s all a dream.

Tell me I’m high on drugs.

He pushed his car door open. Stood by his car and watched Priyanka Khanna’s house burn like a dry twig in the blaze.

No!

This is not what I planned.

The wild fire had spread from her car to her home. And the orange flames had covered miles towards the sky. Oh my God! The inferno was like nothing he had ever seen. Even from the distance he stood, the fire sent chills of terror down Tristan’s spine.

Oh my God. Oh my God. I’m going to get arrested for arson. I’ll be indicted and tried in a law court. 

He saw as Priyanka’s neighbours started coming out of their homes. Turning on their lights, most likely to find out the cause of the unusual noise.

And this time, he heard the sound of another siren headed towards him. The sound was unmistakable. A fire truck.

And the police.

I’ve to leave.

I’ve got to disappear.

He jumped back into his car. Speedily, he drove out of the vicinity and in less than three hours, Tristan White was on a plane back to Australia.

And as he passed the boarding gate in the airport. He consoled himself.

No one will get hurt.

Only her car will be destroyed.

Thank God, Priyanka Khanna had been awake.

And that she was the ONLY ONE staying in her home.

***
SHARE your thoughts on what you think will happen soon. 

Don't forget to vote and comment. 

THANKS for reading ❤❤❤

Lastly,  kindly check out my other work,  A TIME OF RAGE, A thriller-romance novel

Lastly,  kindly check out my other work,  A TIME OF RAGE, A thriller-romance novel.  Your support means so much  to me❤❤❤