CHAPTER 13

"Anjali will never do that to you” Priyanka Khanna said to Indira.

Indira was now back home and it’s been months since her fire accident. She and Riya, her older sister now lived together in Indira’s house as Riya was determined to watch her health-progress like a mother hen.

More so, after she was dropped from her Stars’ TV show, the station suggested that Riya took her place on the show, however, Riya rejected the offer on the grounds that unlike her younger sister, she was not a fan of fame or cameras flashing, and paparazzi chasing her down the street twenty four/seven. So, Priyanka suggested her daughter, Anjali to Indira who agreed and recommended Anjali to take her place on the show, and star opposite her fiancé, Raj as his love interest.

“These are just rumours” Priyanka said as she, Indira and Riya read the magazine headlines that reported that Anjali and Raj were having a real life affair behind the screens. “I mean-” Priyanka said, “journalists can be such dirty liars, all in an attempt to sell their magazines”.

Indira nodded, agreeing. She has experienced how the press could turn anything into lies, so far as it caused people to visit their website or blog or purchase their magazines.

Riya said, “but there could be a truth to…”

“A truth?” Priyanka tossed the magazine in her hand away, into the bin “in this trash?”

“Anjali is your cousin remember that. Family don’t hurt one another” Priyanka said.

Indira pondered. Do I trust Anjali?

“And if you can’t trust your cousin, Indira. Don’t you trust your fiancé? Is that how little you…” 

“Aunt” Indira said. And picked the magazine from the dustbin, tearing it into shreds. Her upper arms hurt since it was all burnt up.  “I trust Anjali”.

“I trust you, aunt”

“And I trust Raj. Damn the media. You guys will never hurt me” Indira said and beamed.

After all, blood was thicker than water. You may doubt your agent, producers and directors, but your relatives, they were God’s gifts to you.

Riya looked at Priyanka. And then, at a blog photo on her phone of how Raj was cuddling Anjali and staring into her eyes. And Riya thought. Actors. Is this photo really from one of their acting scenes that was cut out? Or is another form of disappointment headed Indira’s way?

-----

What do you guys think?

Please, don't forget to vote, comment, share on your profile page and add to your reading list ❤