CHAPTER 16

"Tristan" Indira cried, holding his corpse. She sent the nurse away and now, all she wanted was to be alone with Tristan.

She was sorry. So sorry that she labelled him a liar and judged him like he was her father or Raj. She let her past experience cloak her mind into not judging him fairly before it was too late.

Tristan.

More tears departed from her eyeballs.

****

The door to Tristan's room opened slightly.

It's May 31st. The killer thought. The last day for Indira Kapoor on earth.

Gently, he peep toed into the room, watching Indira who was weeping over a man's corpse. He pulled out his gun. With the silencer on it, no one would hear and in the next few seconds, he would be out of the building.

He pointed his gun at Indira, ready to...

The door opened. And hit the killer.

The gun fell from his hand as he also fell.

"Security! Security!" Riya screamed as she snatched the gun on the floor and aimed it at the assassin.

Minutes later, the police arrived and the assassin was arrested, with him, later confessing that it was Anjali Khanna that paid him to try to murder Indira. And before the end of that day, Anjali and her mother, Priyanka who was also aware of Anjali's plan were arrested for attempted murder.

A month later, in the women's prison, a fight broke out, Priyanka was stabbed multiple times and before dying, wrote a letter to Indira confessing that she didn't forget that Indira was in her house that night of the fire. She explained that it was envy and jealousy that drove her to act that way. Jealousy that her own child wasn't as successful as her niece.

And all night long, Indira cried 'cause there was a time she loved this late woman so much that she walked through fire to try to save her.