chapter one

𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘

My eyes open as soon as I hear footsteps, light shines in through the windows

My eyes open as soon as I hear footsteps, light shines in through the windows. I smile, but my face is stiff. I let out a groan as I stretch my sore arms. Hours of painting without breaks will do that to ya. Yesterday was.. yesterday was something, but I hope today will be better

I yawn and sit up, causing the blanket to slip off my body. The cold air hit my bare skin and a shiver fell down my spine. I quickly throw on my dirty shirt from yesterday and jump out of bed. I can still smell the paint from my last painting smeared on my shirt. I stretch my arms trying to relieve some of the soreness. I hear footsteps come near and I jog out the door just in case someone wanted the bathroom first.

I get caught between the door and Fiona,'' Sorry.'' I wince but I don't stop to hear her response. If I wanted to get to the bathroom first, I'd have to do it now. Fiona's getting the boys up and they are a lot faster than I am. I slam the door behind me and press my back to it so none of my brothers could interrupt me. This was really the only place you could be alone in the Gallagher household, and even then it's still rare. I check myself out in the mirror, playing with my hair a little bit. I quickly grab the hairbrush, realizing I don't have much time.  A thud hits the door, but it bounces back shut from my body weight. I hear Ian groan from outside, ''Just let me in! I Gotta whiz.'' I roll my eyes parting my hair in the middle.

" Not my fault, sucker! I got here first, use the bathroom downstairs!'' I yell back. I start applying deodorant while getting my toothbrush ready. I giggle hearing him swear under his breath as he trudges downstairs. I move in front of the mirror and stand on my tippy-toes to try and see my full outfit. I try to brush off the paint stains as if it would help. I sigh, good enough.

I start to brush my teeth, I turn on my heels and open the door. Ian pushes past me before I run down the stairs. I couldn't tell if the shove from him was accidental or purposeful since I made him use the downstairs bathroom. It didn't matter, I don't have time for his games. I continue to brush my teeth heading for the kitchen sink, dodging Fiona who was grabbing the milk from the fridge for Debbie and Lip.

I spit in the sink before grabbing the closet cup from the cabinet, filling it with water. I throw my head back, gurgling it getting the rest of the toothpaste out of my mouth before I spit it into the sink. I set the toothbrush on the back of the sink and start to move into the living room. I used my sleeve to wipe any toothpaste off my face. Who cares, the shirt was already dirty.

I pick up one of the many paintings I did yesterday, staring at the beautiful girl I painted. I smile remembering the blonde girl,''That looks great, El.'' Ian comes down the stairs with Carl on his back, I smile back at them,'' Yeah, it sort of looks like Holly.'' My chest tightens and I quickly put the painting down. I try not to make it obvious who the mysterious blonde girl actually is, but when I'm painting, my hands do all the thinking.