chapter nine

EPISODE ONE

My fingers reach for the small flip phone but I force myself to stop, not tonight

My fingers reach for the small flip phone but I force myself to stop, not tonight. I'll do it in the morning. I let out a small sigh and lay back on the couch, Ian lifts his arms and I rest my head on his leg. I close my eyes and let out a small sigh,'' Boyfriend trouble?'' Ian asks lowly. I let out a small snort before nodding,'' Been on the rocks for a little over a week and I don't think its working anymore.''

" You've been together for over 2 years now and your just gonna give up?'' Ian scoffs, I let out a low groan, Ian always knows when to call me out,'' Its more complicated then that.'' I open my eyes,'' What happened to you? Where'd you put my twin? Cause the Ellis I know would never give up, shes a fighter.''

I look up at him,'' Shes tired of fighting.'' I roll over on my side and face the turned off TV. Frank lets a particular loud snore on the floor causing me to flinch,'' Jesus, fuck.'' I close my eyes and rest my hand on my own cheek, like someone is holding me to sleep. I don't know why Im even trying to sleep, my shirt is sticking to my body making me unable to sleep.

I don't wanna lose Holly, shes the only good thing about my fucked up life, the only light in my darkness if I wanna be cliche. But I don't deserve her, she needs somebody who is ready to come out. Oh fuck. I don't think I can do this, fuck fuck fuck! Its as if Ian can sense my panic, he places a hand on my shoulder,'' Bad dream?''

" I'm fine, can't sleep with fat fuck snoring like a whore.'' I grumble, I press my head harder into Ians leg and curl into a ball. The phone buzzes once more and a pit develops in my stomach, it travels up towards my throat before I push it down. Shit.

The phone buzzes in my my hands, Holly bombards me with text messages and calls

The phone buzzes in my my hands, Holly bombards me with text messages and calls. I toss it back on my bed and lay back. I can't even stand to text her, her words echoing in my brain. My brain yells at me to be angry but I can't help but understand. I'm not fully there for her but I've been there for her. She can't just say that, I would never be able to say that to her.

I groan and run my shaky hands through my hair. My hands itch to throw the phone to get it to shut up for 3 seconds. I let out a sigh and lay back on the bed. I pull all my hair out from under my back and place it over my face before covering my ears. I close my eyes, I can still feel the vibrations from the constant messages.

" Can't you take a fucking hint!'' I growl into the empty air. I pull myself into a sit right as Lip storms in,'' Did you know?'' He snarls, the phone finally stops ringing. I stare at Lip confused, what does he think I know,'' What?'' He chuckles and shakes his head at me,'' Him and Kash!'' I stand up and get chest to chest to him.

My nose goes into a sneer,'' You got a problem with him being gay?'' He pushes me back,'' No! I got a problem with the fact hes fucking a married 40 year old!" My shoulders deflate in relieve and let out a sigh,'' Yeah I don't really like it either but hes happy, Lip.'' I rub my face in defeat. Lip huffs, his body shaking in anger.