chapter eleven

EPISODE TWO

I step past Lip on the toilet to check my face in the mirror, Lip stares as well

I step past Lip on the toilet to check my face in the mirror, Lip stares as well. A sigh leaves my lip, my lip is busted with a small bruise around it,'' Asshole.'' I gently press it causing a small wince to leave my lips,'' Frank got you good.'' I roll my eyes nodding. Ian stops at the bathroom door giving me a small glance of concern before it turning cold. He runs down the stairs and I give Lip a pointed look,'' He's pissed.''

Lip wipes standing up quickly flushing the toilet,'' He'll get over it, you're his favorite. He can't stay mad at you for long.'' I sigh stepping away from the sink so Lip could wash his hands,'' Hopefully your right.'' I jog down the stairs taking a seat beside Carl at the table grabbing the beanie from his head and plopping it on mine,'' Did you steal this? Thief.'' I growl playfully, Carl quickly shakes his head.

" It was on my bed, that means its free range.'' I roll my eye before smirking at him,'' Just watch out for your shit.'' I bump his shoulder. Lip comes down the stairs quickly after sitting beside Liam's highchair beside Debbie who is doing intense coupon-ing. I stand up quickly coming around the table to the sink. Fiona walks into the kitchen with Liam in her arms,'' Hey Fi, can I see the phone for a second.''

Fi sits Liam in his highchair before pulling out the phone,'' I need it back soon.'' I give her a nod before quickly opening my messages with Holly. I stare at her messages, at first they start out angry with me then she begins to get worried, can we meet up and talk? I sigh biting my lip before I accidentally bite my cut. I catch Lip's eyes before I quickly look back down at the phone, my fingers race across the screen.

I turn the phone off and slid it back into my pocket. Fiona fumbles with the mail she brought in, I give her shoulder a pat as I walk past her back to the dining room table. Ian steps in with the newspaper,'' Any pizza left from last night?'' Fiona scoffs,'' No pizza. Fruit or juice. And we got eggs. Oj's in the top, grapes in the bottom.'' My face scrunching up at the pizza that's left, pineapple.

The phone buzzes with a message, I hastily rip the phone out reading the message quickly, I'll leave the door unlocked. I smirk before setting the phone on the table for Fiona,'' Fi.'' Her eyes catch mine before seeing the phone on the table giving me a nod,'' Frosted flakes, Bisquick, Heinz ketchup,'' Debbie lists off the coupons,'' Ooh-ooh! Even got a couple two-for-ones for Tide.''

My leg slowly begins to bounce up and down,'' Any coupons for meat?'' Ian questions behind the counter,'' Yeah. They got special on ground chuck at Costco and Hot Pockets.'' My eyes catch on the fridge, every time my foot meets the ground a small thump sound is made. Like a drum, a sandbag sits on my stomach. The weight slowly grows heavier and heavier until an elephant takes residence on my chest.

It gets harder and harder to breath, the edges of my visions begin to blur as my eyes settle on the letter A magnet. I remember playing with that magnet when I was 5 as Frank overdosed on the ground in front of me, I can still remember the feeling of the cool plastic as the ground rumbled for the first time. Gently gliding it across the cold metal while Monica was begging me for money. Pulling it off and lightly putting it back.

Dread settles in my throat. The tiny bumps scraping slightly against my fingers, the click noise playing in my mind. Gentle clicks. Gentle. The words ring out in my head, over and over again gentle gentle. My lungs clench in a need for air, a few droplets of air reach my lungs replenishing my need for oxygen,'' Morning campers.'' Steve steps in the door with a bag and some coffee. My bones feel like lead as I attempt to move, the urge to lay in my bed until the night falls gets stronger and stronger with each second.

Ian comes around sitting beside Lip, avoiding me once again,'' What you got?'' Lip questions across from me,'' Jelly, plain, glazed,'' Steve sits the coffee down in front of Carl and Debbie,'' Save me an apple fritter.'' As everyone reaches for the donuts, both Ian and Lip look at me expecting me to reach for a glazed. My body and mind disagree with each other, an almost instant feeling makes me want to grab a donut but my mind tells my body to run upstairs, close all the windows, lay down, and forget the world.

Steve leans over Carl who licks his egg breasts, grabbing toast and breaking the yoke,'' Bet you hate when that happens.'' Finally, my body agrees, I lazily stand up ignoring all the stares at my disinterested features, passing Steve who gazes at me in curiosity. I take one slow step at a time until I reach the bedroom. Relief fills my body as the slightly smelly sheet caresses my dry skin. I cocoon myself in my blankets staring into the dark room with the vast colors.

Footsteps pile up the stairs before they stop at the doorway and Fiona steps into my view. Her eyes hold concern as she takes my state in,'' Hey.'' The words leave her lips softly sitting beside me on the bed,'' Bad day?'' Something strikes in me and the more she speaks like I'm a child begins to erk me. I roll over facing the wall,'' Ian.'' Fiona calls out for my twin who even in a fight would attempt to help me. Fiona's weight leaves the bed and moments pass before another weight takes its place,'' You got this, El.'' His hand rubs my back gently. If this irrational rage weren't filling me up, I would have appreciated the gesture. I shrug off his irritating hand and pull deeper into the wall letting my next words leave my mouth with venom.

" Leave.''

I unpublished this story for a little bit but I had a change of heart and decided to reupload. I dont plan on writing more at least for the time being. I have to get back into shameless and I'm on the walking dead grind so 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ lemme know if you wanna see any of those unpublished stories