03| Top 10 Anime Betrayals: Taehyung Edition

As Minho gives a little more detail about himself to the class, who all seem to have their eyes and ears glued to him like they've never seen a transfer student before, I feel something suddenly strike the side of my head

It snaps me out of my paranoid state, and I look down to find a paper ball near the leg of my chair. I then look up, and my gaze catches Taehyung's, whose sitting so carefree against the backrest of his chair and he sends me a small smirk.

I look at him in disbelief and mouth inaudibly, "Is that really Minho?"

Despite my sorrowful cry he only motions for me to pick up the fallen paper ball and so, I do. Opening it up, I find a bunch of neatly written words inked across the obviously freshly crinkled up paper and the words read:

' Calm down, you egg.
He can't do anything to you.
There's a Jungkook on your side. '

Somehow my heart melts into a puddle after reading Taehyung's message despite the insulting name, and I feel a moments relief rush throughout me.

His words gives me hope, because it makes me realise that I'm not alone instead I have all three of my friends, here to look out for me.

I look up at Taehyung again, sending him a small smile and a nod of my head but he just throws a little peace sign over his left eye with his left hand. Afterwards, I shift to face forward.

And with my notebook still in front of my face, I slowly peek over it, testing the water's to see if I can actually face Minho again and be just as brave as Jungkook always is.

My hazel eyes bore into him, and for the few seconds that I judge every inch of him, as he continues to speak. I think I can actually do it but to my utter dismay, we consequently end up making eye contact. Of which I instantly chicken out and hide behind my notebook, once more.

"ANI. I CAN'T DO IT!"

My subconscious, fights, abruptly swallowing up my attempt at bravery because after holding his gaze, I feel so anguished. It's totally different from when I held his gaze on Saturday. This time round it's so piercing, and suffocating like.

As I juggle with my whirling thoughts and fight an internal battle within myself. I suddenly hear Namjoon's voice, calling for Taehyung to raise his hand, to which he obediently obeys.

I make attempts to peek over my notebook, once again hoping to get a clear look at both the males standing in the front, without Minho staring me down and thankfully I do since Minho's eyes are fixed directly on an unphased Taehyung since his hand is raised up in the air.

"There are two seats available in front of Taehyung. You can choose either that you're comfortable with." Namjoon informs, patting Minho on the shoulder and sending him off.