04| Alchemy's Law of Equivalent Exchange

Gym class

Gym class.

It was an absolutely tormenting and painful place to be in today. Not because dodge ball was on the list of today's activities but because from a school yard pick, I was selected to be in Minho's team.

He was the epitome of what one would call annoying, because he wanted to act all macho like with those dumb muscles of his in front me and on top of that he decided it would be a great idea to challenge Taehyung in a competitive match of dodge ball.

Of course, Taehyung thought it was a great idea as well and he didn't back down from the competition- he had gladly accepted it, with open arms, deciding to play along in Minho's little rivalry game.

I'm sure Taehyung accepted his challenge just so he could let off some steam especially because of those filthy words Minho spat out in the hallway earlier.

After that painstaking incident, Taehyung had literally dragged me all the way to the boys and girls locker rooms and there, I made an attempt to apologise to him because I felt genuinely regretful for putting him through something like that but his response was a simple smile which confused me to the very core.

As for Taehyung and Minho's match, I didn't want to observe it instead I just wanted to slip away and crawl into a hole somewhere and die because seeing Taehyung that worked up purely because of me felt like deep slashes to the wrists but alas I forced myself to stay back and watch.

I'll admit their match was brutal but it actually turned out worthwhile since Taehyung ended up wiping the floor with Minho and I may have also embarrassed myself in front of the entire class after his victory.

I had laughed so loud after Taehyung had won and I slapped my hands together like a retarded seal, while complimenting him on totally annihilating Minho.

At first, I didn't notice everyone staring at me, including Jimin and Jungkook because they have no clue what's going as yet and moreover I was on the losing team, but when I did notice everyone's weird stares, my claps and tone of voice lowered to a frequency that only dogs could probably hear.

I was flushed, embarrassed and ready to crawl into that hole I wanted to before their match had began but when my gaze had faltered over Taehyung, he was staring back at me with a bright smile over his face and seeing that smile made all of the embarrassment worth it.

When gym class was over, I didn't get to see Taehyung since we had a split lesson of Physical Sciences and Chemistry. He does the latter while I do Physics. So, it's a shame that I didn't get to ask him how he's feeling and if he had actually gotten hurt anywhere since the game was really serious.

I guess after lunch, when we're in Geography class I'll check up on him because normally during lunch or any free periods Taehyung isn't with Jungkook, Jimin or I. He always goes off somewhere- apparently he runs off to the club he's signed up for but none of the three boys mentioned which one Taehyung is apart of and I never pushed for an answer.