Will

Rick stared at my wrist for what felt like hours.

His face showed no emotion and I knew he'd already seen so there was no point in trying to cover up.

I just fiddled with my bracelets till I jumped from hearing his voice in the quite room.

"Get up." He finally said.

And I stared at him for awhile, not wanting to move, for fear he thought I needed another beating.

"I said get the hell up."

He held out his hand for me to grab and I unwillingly took it and he pulled me up easily

Wow, he must be really strong to hold my weight, I'm so heavy Im surprised he didn't fall over.

Rick dragged me to the sink and washed my arm off gently. It water stung as it hit against my newly opened skin, but I didn't hiss in pain, or yell out. I simply stayed silent as Rick turned down the water and dapped my wrist lightly with a paper towel to dry it. Then went into a stall, then came back with a roll of toilet paper. He doubled it over tightly and wrapped it around my arm carefully tying it in a small knot.

We were both completely silent through it all.
Like we weren't even there, yet we were all we were focusing on.

"Give it to me."

Rick gestured towards my blade, still held tightly in my fist.

I will not give him my only outlet.
No way in hell was I about to do that.

"Fucking give the thing to me."

And then he ripped the chain out of my hand.
I stood there, gaping at him as he hooked it around his neck, tucking it into his shirt.

"I'm going back to class now."

He said it so simply. Like nothing had just happened.

And he left me feeling alone and confused but also, without the piece of me that I held against my heart.

It was now against his.