My Little Warrior - Octavia (The 100)

Your P.O.V.

I could see her figure moving slowly through the woods. There was an energy about her that made her different from the rest. She was graceful, yet powerful: the 2 things that make a great warrior. I could tell she was destined to be one even before I knew her name. All I had to do was look at her, and I knew. Now the only problem was molding her into that warrior, which, considering she just screamed over a frog, is going to be a difficult task.

~ A few months later ~

Octavia's P.O.V.

Panting heavily, I tried to keep my breathing normal as my feet carried me quickly through the forest. The sun was high in the sky, casting shadows on the ground below. My heart thumped heavily in my chest making it difficult to hear anything around me. My lungs were burning and so were my feet. This sort of rush is what I live for. The sweat dripping down my face and the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I felt alive.

That rush ended abruptly as I tripped and fell face first into the dirt. I huffed in disappointment and laid down defeated. That's the third time this week. I had to do better. I heard heavy footsteps approaching quickly from behind. I rolled my eyes, knowing what was coming next.

"Annnnnd, you're dead. That's the third time this week." She repeated exactly what I told myself. "O, we've gotta get passed this. You're not gonna be a warrior if you trip every time you're in a chase." She told me honestly.

"Ugh, I know! Just let me try again." I suggested as I sat up and wiped the dirt off my face. She was standing to my left with her arms crossed, clearly disappointed in my performance. I was beating myself up just as much as she was.

"I don't think that's a good idea." She said and I started pouting. There's no way she can resist the pout. "Octavia, no. You'll get another try tomorrow. We need to work on your fighting skills today." She said seriously and I sighed in defeat.

"Fine." I said and rolled my eyes at her as I stood up from the ground.

"We're not gonna get anything done if you keep up that attitude." She said angrily. When did she get so serious? Although I can't say I didn't like it because she looks really hot when she's angry.

"Okay, mom." I said sarcastically and started walking away from her. She decided not to say anything and followed me.

After a short walk, we reached our hiding spot in the woods that we use to train. She brought 2 swords with her, so I figured she wanted us to work on sword fighting, which, I was pretty good at.

I walked over to grab a sword but her voice cut me off. "We're going to start in hand-to-hand combat." She explained and I just vaguely nodded my head. I didn't particularly like hand-to-hand but I wasn't bad at it. "Alright, first exercise is simple: pin the opponent to the ground and you win. Ready?" She asked as we both put our fists up in a fighting stance.

"Ready." I tried to sound aggressive but I saw her smile a bit. While she was still smiling I decided to make a move, punching her right in the stomach.

She groaned in surprise but smiled again. "Attacking while the opponent is distracted. Good thinking." She praised and I smirked a little.

She took a simple shot towards my face and I easily blocked it. She quickly recoiled and tried to hit me in the stomach but I saw that coming and shifted my body so she missed. I could tell she was going easy on me. "You shouldn't go easy on me. We've been doing this for months." I told her. It felt like she was holding back. Maybe she just doesn't want to hurt me.

"Who says I'm going easy on you?" She said and before I could process her words, she tackled me to the ground. I grunted and my head spun from the contact. Her forearms were on either side of my head as she leaned over me with a smirk on her face. "Didn't see that coming did you?" I just groaned in response, unable to form any coherent sentences at the moment. She chuckled a little at the state I was in.