Your Reason to Live - Raven (The 100)

*Trigger Warning*
Brief mentions of depression/suicide

Since Finn's death, Raven hasn't been herself. She doesn't talk to anyone unless it's strictly business. She works nonstop, hidden away in her little mechanic workshop. I can tell she's exhausted, but she never lets herself sleep. Maybe she's afraid to let her mind wander, afraid to let herself realize what she has lost. She's emotionless. She hasn't even laughed, or cried for that matter. She's lost, she's broken.

It's been nearly a month since Finn was killed, yet she still hasn't healed from the loss. It seemed like everything around her was moving forward, while she stood still. We were all preparing for war, while she sat and watched, not even caring that we all might die any second. To her, nothing mattered anymore, not even surviving.

Some days, I had to force her to eat or drink. She never talked to me, in fact, she tried her hardest to push me away, but I wouldn't let her. I didn't even care if she hated me, I wasn't gonna let her kill herself. So, everyday I would bring her a fresh plate of food and a cup of water. Most of the time she barely touched it, but I made sure she ate some when she really needed it.

I was probably the closest one to Raven, I grew up with her and Finn on the Ark. I wasn't a mechanic like her, but I was pretty good with a gun, so I was considered a necessity. I even picked up sword fighting pretty quickly when Raven and I arrived on the Ground. She was stubborn at first and told me I couldn't go fight, but I think she was just looking out for me. Maybe she didn't wanna lose me too, but right now that was pretty hard to believe.

"Hey, I need you to go get an update on the radios from Raven." Clarke ordered, standing over me as I sat at a picnic table, an empty lunch plate in front of me.

I sighed, "You know she doesn't talk to me, not even about this kind of stuff." I wiped my hands on my pants and stood up, walking to throw away my plate.

"And you know she doesn't talk to anyone. Y/N, you're the only one she can trust right now, which means you're the only one that can get her back to her normal self." Clarke tried to reason, but I really didn't want to hear it. "Just, please do this? If not for me, then for her." I sighed out again, knowing that I cared too much about Raven to just let her go.

"Fine, but I can't promise I'll even get an update out of her." I responded, with my arms crossed over my chest.

"No, I understand. Thank you." She nodded her head and gave me a small hug. Even though Clarke was part of the reason Finn died, I had come to forgive her, realizing his death hit her as hard as it did me. Raven, on the other hand, couldn't even be in the same room as her without flipping out and throwing something. "It won't be like this forever, I hope you believe that." She pulled out of the hug and gave me a smile. It amazed me how, after everything that's happened, she was still able to stay so positive.

"I'm getting there." I said honestly. I still wasn't sure there was hope for us, but I didn't wanna let her down. She gave me one final smile before turning around and walking away. I sigh and grab another lunch plate for Raven before turning towards the Ark. I reluctantly start walking towards the tech wing, trying to think positive thoughts.

Slowly stepping through the door to Raven's workshop, I take a deep breath to try and calm my nerves. It was just Raven, the worst thing she could do was yell, which wouldn't even be so bad considering she would actually be acknowledging me.

She was sitting at a desk with her back to the door. I took a moment to just take her in before letting my presence be known. She had her hair up in her normal ponytail, but it was more messy than usual. She was also wearing a red sleeveless shirt and her green cargo pants, one of her knees covered by the black metal brace that she hated so much. She looked almost normal, like nothing had ever changed.