Bad Times.

Summary : You recieve some bad news and calls Cody to help.

"Thomas?" You called out as you walked over the threshold of your door, feeling the cold air of your 1 bedroom city apartment hit you as you entered. Your voice echoed slightly off the walls, you waited a couple of seconds with no reply. You walked closer into the living room of your apartment, looking for any sign of your boyfriend Thomas.
"Tom?" You called out again, with no luck. You glanced over at the coffee table as you entered the modernly decorated living room; On the coffee table was a piece of paper. You walked over to the slip of paper, picked it up and began to read. As you began to make sense of the words that were displayed on the paper in front of you, you started to tear up and it wasn't long until that first tear hit your cheek, falling onto the paper in your trembling hands as you read on. You placed the paper back on the table, as you threw yourself onto the sofa. Thomas had left you. He didn't love you no more and he instead had met someone else. Someone better than you, someone more intelligent and sexier than you. The words hit like a knife, the pain hit immediately and demonstrated itself on your face and caused you to burst out, your bottom lip trembling as the tears started to stream down your face and onto the white plush seats of the sofa.

You stayed that way for a good 30 minutes, until you were interrupted by your phone. You wiped your tears away slowly with your left hand as your right reached into your pocket and grabbed for your phone. You looked at the phone to see a blurry picture of you and your friend Cody smiling your faces off. Cody was a good friend of yours, you met him during your first year of college and you stuck to each other like glue and remained that way ever since.
You accepted the call.
"Hey! You free tonight? Charlene's throwing a massive party and you're my plus one." Cody said, as cheerful as always.
"Uh, I can't. Not tonight...." You said, trying your hardest to hide your hurt, almost choking on your words as you said them.
"Oh okay...." There was a silence for a little second "Is everything okay, Y/N? Are you and Thomas okay? Y/N?...."
"N-No, not really.... I came home from
work today, and there was no sign of him...Oh god Cody! What have I done?!...." You said as you broke down, not even bothering to hide your emotions anymore.
"Stay where you are, I'm telling Charlene I won't be there tonight, I'll be there in 10..."
Cody said, his voice becoming frustrated at the pain you were feeling. Cody never liked seeing you upset.
"Ok-Okay....Thank you, Cody." You muttered, like a whisper almost.
"It's no problem, Y/N. Just please stay safe until I get there..." Cody said as sympathetically  as he could, his voice soft and soothing almost reassuring you that everything was going to work out somehow.

You placed the phone down on the wooden coffee table and stood up, slowing making your way from the living room to the bedroom . You looked around to see that all signs of Thomas was gone, his clothes, his personal items like his books, laptop and everything was gone. The room was empty of any sign of life living in that room other than you. It was like he never existed, like he never lived there in the first place. You perched yourself on the edge of the bed and placed your head between your hands, admitting defeat.
You eventually caved in and fell backwards onto the bed before slowly curling up into a ball, your cries being quieter as you fell asleep slowly.

The door opened.
"Y/N?" Cody spoke softly. "Where are you?" Cody spoke out again as he walked towards your bedroom. He walked in slowly, trying his hardest not to wake you up. Once he got close to the bed, he sat down beside you and placed a hand on your back. "Y/N?" He said, just loud enough to wake you up.
You began to stir, finally acknowledging Cody's presence in your room before opening and turning your head to look at him in your position.
"H-hey Cody." You spoke gently, your voice breaking as you managed to sit yourself up on the bed so you could look at Cody. You looked over at the vanity mirror and touched your red, tear-stained face.
"What's happened, Y/N?" Cody asked gently as you turned your head to look at him. You looked him in the eyes and took a deep breath
"Thomas has left me. He's left me and there's nothing I can do...H-He wrote me a letter, um, explaining that he's found someone else, s-someone better..." You explained, heartbroken as Cody grabbed your hand and wrapped it in his. The tears quickly came back and started to flood your eyes, making your vision blurry leaving you unable to see Cody's concerned look.
"Oh, Y/N..." He said as he wiped the tears that started fall from your eyes. "I'm so sorry, has he left anything at all?" Cody asked as he looked around the room for any sign.
"N-No, I've already checked and believe me, if he has, i don't think he'd be wanting it back anyway." You said as your vision became clearer allowing you to see Cody clearer.
"Oh, Cody!...I must have done something wrong to make him leave." You said as another outburst happened, making your body flop with sadness and despair. Cody pulled you into a tight hug and kept you there as you cried into his chest.
"You've not done anything wrong. It's not okay what he did, even if you two are going through a tough time he should never have done that. It's not your fault, he just didn't love you and I can't see why he wouldn't want to love you." Cody said as he looked down at you in the hug.
"You really think so?" You said as you noticed Cody looking at you.
"I know, Y/N. You've got a kind heart, a good heart. You've been nothing but kind to me over the past years and I can only assume you've been like that with Thomas. He's lost a good thing, Y/N." Cody explained as he wiped the remainder of your tears that escaped from your eyes.
"Cody?..." You whispered as you closed your eyes and pulled yourself closer to Cody.
"Yes?..." He said in exchange to your question.
"Could you stay with me...just for tonight?" You asked.
"Of course, Y/N..."