Bewilderment.

Summary : Y/N is a actress and is attending a awards ceremony. She later bumps into Cody and engages in a conversation.

A/N: Request by girlyquestion679

"So what do you think?" My stylist, Cecilia, asked as she grasped her hands together tightly in anticipation. She looked intently at my face in the mirror, carefully monitoring it as I stared at the silver bejewelled dress that I was wearing in the mirror.

"I don't know, do you think this dress is, y' know, me?.." I asked as I turned around to face a now confused Cecilia, throwing my hands down beside me. She laid her delicate fingers on the tops of my shoulders and looked me sincerely in my eyes as I took a deep sigh.

"Of course, I do y/n. I would never, and I mean never, dress a client in something that I believe wasn't intended for them." She stated as she flashed me an affectionate, reassuring smile.

"That's a relief to know. Thanks, Cecilia." I had known Cecilia for years, she had been a friend of mine through college who I met at a pretty ugly frat party and when I heard she was trying to make it big in the fashion industry, I hired her as my stylist and supported her to start her own company. The glass door to the penthouse opened.

"Ma'am? The car is ready and waiting." A soft voice chimed from the now glass open door.

"You ready, hun?" Cecilia asked as she removed her hands from the peaks of my shoulders. I nodded confidently now as I gave myself one last final look in the mirror at my makeup and hair.
After a short elevator ride later, I was in the limousine and already on my way to the prestigious awards ceremony. I looked over at Cecilia who was already prepping things for my after-party outfit.

"Cecilia, don't you ever take a break?" I asked as I grabbed a tall, empty champagne glass and began pouring the crystal-clear liquid into the sleek glass before taking a swig of the bubbly drink.

"Uh, sometimes?" Cecilia replied slowly as she looked up from the brightly-lit screen of her phone. Her softly-curved eyebrows wagged a little as she tilted her head in curiosity as to why I asked the question.

"It's just..you do so much for me it's crazy," I replied as I took yet another swig of the intoxicating, clear liquid; Cecilia placed her phone down on the plush leather seat beside her.

"And it's fine honestly," Cecilia replied casually as she looked outside the window.
"And it looks like we have arrived." I looked out of the black, tinted windows of the long limousine before the door opened wide.

I swung my body gracefully out of the car, the paparazzi already capturing my every move with their bright flashing cameras as I rose slowly out of the car.  I walked down the red, luxurious carpet. The bright flashes from the cameras almost blinding me as I sauntered down the carpet.
Try not to trip up over this goddamn dress, Y/N...That would be helpful. I thought to myself.
God...I probably look like a duck out of water right now. Finally, I got to the end of the carpet to where the other co-stars that I worked with this season were.

They were all huddled together in a circle, all chatting away and gossiping about random topics. I was too bothered about getting from one side of the crowd to another to meet with my co-stars that I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings or who was in front of me for that matter when I bumped into a person, almost pushing them to the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I said as I snapped back to reality in an instant. The person turned around slowly, before flashing a smile at me.

"Oh don't be, it's fine honestly!" He said softly. I recognised him, but the name just wasn't coming to me at all.

Shit, shit, shit. That's Cody fucking Fern. I thought to myself. Great first impression, y/n.

"Everything alright?" He asked, flashing a look of concern on his face. "Yes! Am I correct in thinking you're Cody Fern right?" I asked softly, trying not to be embarrassed at the first impression I've made of myself.

"Mhm, that's me!" Cody answered as he re-adjusted his suit.
"Who designed your dress? It's beautiful, it suits you." He asked.
"Oh, thank you! It's my stylist's design, she's called Cecilia." I replied with a smile.

I glanced over at my co-stars who had now noticed me and were calling me over to come join them since everyone was beginning to sit down.

"I should go, see you at the after-party?" I asked softly.

"Yeah, see you there? What's your name again?" He said as he began to turn away.

"It's y/n." I replied as I placed my hands behind my back.

"See you there, y/n. I'll keep an eye out for you." He said as he flashed me a quick but soft smile before walking away.