Part Three.

Alexa Andreas.

After my conversation with Chase, the day went by pretty fast and as soon as the bell rang Isaac and i were running down the hall, eager to get home, but first we were going to his mom's place to just chill like we usually did to get some alone time since his mom worked during the day, but today wasn't one of them since we arrived there, Isaac was shocked to see her car parked in the yard and he gave me an uneasy look after making his way through the gates after fumbling with his keys, i decided to stay in the car, maybe they needed alone time? Maybe something happened?

As all these questions popped into my mind, i wondered if i should go home and do my homework instead of interrupting their privacy, i mean she barely sees Isaac which made me feel bad to be honest, just as i was about to start my car, a knock against the window made me jump in surprise and pull out the gun underneath my school bag. “Do you even know how those things work princess?” Isaac smirked and i rolled my eyes, loading it and pointing it towards him, “I don't know, can i test it out?” I joked and he patted his chest, “Go for it” He encouraged me and i rolled my eyes probably for the hundredth time. “Are you sure she won't mind me coming over?” I frowned and he opened my door, taking my hand in his after i unloaded the gun and hid it under the car seat, “Of course she won't mind, she baked her famous Christmas cookies, just in time for us to eat” he told me, leading me into the all to familiar house. “Oh Alexa, what a surprise to see you here! It feels like ages.” Angelique gushed and squished my cheeks, pulling them in all directions and i gave a look of help to a laughing Isaac. “Hey Angie” I managed to say afterwards and she pulled me into the kitchen, leaving Isaac in the hallway. “Eat, before Isaac comes.” She mumbled, quickly stuffing a few cookies into my mouth and i mentally moaned at how heavenly these tasted, well i thought i mentally moaned untill i noticed Angie and Isaac staring at me weirdly before laughing. “It's delicious, no wonder Isaac never stops talking about them.” I smiled and she gave us a smile before handing both of us a plate filled with them, in all shapes, hearts, bears, Christmas trees and you get the picture? A glass of milk was served and as Isaac lifted the cookie shaped as a Christmas tree, he paused midway, “Where's ma's Christmas tree?” he asked, finally munching on his cookie.

“Oh dear, i've been quite busy lately and without your father around it's kind of going crazy” She muttered, quickly cleaning the kitchen, she noticed my confused expression and carried on, “but he'll be back before Christmas so why wouldn't you two help me out and set it up?” She smiled and i nodded eagerly, “I've always loved decorating things but my mom never let me get to the high points in fear i'd fall.” I frowned and Isaac grinned, “Yeah so our Miss. Andreas here designs her own dresses.” He boasted and i felt the heat rush to my cheeks and i tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “Oh really? That's wonderful, i hope i can see one of your dresses before you actually wear them, it'd be such an honour.” Angie grinned and i gave her a smile, mumbling a 'sure' and Isaac took me by the waist, taking me to the living room where the tree stood without any decorations and i gave Isaac a big smile before we dug into the decorations, arguing where what should be and how the patterns should go, after two full hours we were done and it was time for the final touch, the angel at the top, Isaac lifted me into the air and i proudly put the angel on it's place, being put back on the floor i stared at the tree in 'awe' and plugged in the lights, a grin covered my face as the lights lit the now semi dark living room, Angie stood behind us and clapped her hands, “It looks beautiful.” She smiled widely, pulling us into a hug, Isaac was the first to let go and told his mother it was time for us to head back to the White House, so we bid our good-byes and drove off to my place, blasting ‘Fast’ from ‘Juice Wrld’ through the speakers.

Entering the White House, i waited for Isaac and we entered through the doors, only meeting a stressful mother,“Oh god you're safe.” She pulled me into a hug and i gave her a curt nod. “Of course mom, i've got the best guard by my side.” I glanced at Isaac who looked down at his shoes. “Where have you been?” this time her question was directed to Isaac and i fumbled with the hem of my shirt. “Well we went to his mom, Angie, she baked us some cookies and we helped her set up the Christmas tree.” I interjected and my mother's eyes softened, “Next time, let me know.” She sighed and i nodded, waving my phone in the air, “My battery died, sorry.” I mumbled and she looked at Isaac,“Thanks for keeping her safe.” She smiled and he nodded, “It's my job Mrs. Andreas.” The respect and loyalty in his voice made me shudder to think i was his job? What if he was dating me just to be closer to me? I pressed those thoughts at the back of my head, knowing they'll return eventually, i just didn't want to think about it right now.

I said 'Goodnight' to them and went up to my room, throwing my bag on my desk, not bothered about the homework, i rushed into the shower, after having a hot shower and scrubbing off all the negative energy, i wrapped myself in my blankets, switching on the air conditioning, in some odd way i liked it when i was covered in the blankets with a cold wind on my body.

“You know what that means” Isaac said pointing to the roof and i looked up, seeing a mistletoe, my hand cupped his cheek and my other made their way and played with his hair. “Show me.” I whispered, our faces already inches away from each other and our lips connected, offering the usual spark throughout my body. A loud noise pierced my ears and pain shot through my shoulder and i turned around seeing my mother pointing the gun to Isaac and when she pulled the trigger, i jumped in front of him.

I jumped up in my bed, sweat dripping from my body and i quietly started to cry.

calm down Alexa, it was just a bad dream.

I repeated those words over and over until my breathing got slower and my eyes closed a bit, slowly letting me fall asleep.