Part Eight.

Alexa Andreas.

We were laughing so loud that it hurt and in this moment i felt less broken? I don't know, but we settled with the comedy ‘Anger Management’ and the things Alex commented was funnier than the movie, i sobered up from my laughter and swung the bottle back, letting the alcohol run down my throat and i shivered as it burned my throat. I settled the bottle on the table beside Alex and sat back on my side of the pillow bed we made, our eyes never broke contact and that's when it happened, both of us leaned in and our lips connected, a deep and passionate kiss instantly started and in that moment i was okay, it was as if nothing could hurt me, i felt safe in the arms of Alex and it hurt to say but i never felt so around Isaac but God i loved him, Isaac was my first everything and i guess i'll always have feelings for him. We pulled away and i tilted my head to the side, staring at him. “I'm sorry” He blurted out and i chuckled. “Let's just pretend this didn't happen, it's the alcohol speaking.” I lied and a emotion flashed through his stormy eyes which now seemed calm.

“Deal” He smiled, taking a sip from the bottle that was close to empty and i was clearly tipsy but it didn't matter, the only thing on my mind was Isaac and how bad i missed him, the times we travelled, the time with his mom, the time we set up the Christmas tree, one entire year flooded back into my mind and the lump in my throat got bigger and i felt my eyes tear up, gripping the blanket for support, trying not cry. “Alex.” I managed to say before the tears fell and then i felt his arms tightly wrap around me, “Please don't leave me.” I pleaded and he shook his head, “Never.” i buried my face in his neck and his scent filled my nose, what have i done? Here i am in the arms of a guy i just kissed, crying over my ex? I'm pretty fucked up. “It will be okay Alexa.” He said and i pulled back, “When?” I mumbled. “I'm tired of hearing things will be okay, i want to feel things getting okay but all i can feel is my heart shattering into pieces every time i hear his name and i don't want to feel this way anymore.” i cried into his arms and sighed, rocking me back and forth until my eyes fluttered closed and i could feel him carrying me somewhere but i was too tired open my eyes so i kept on sleeping until he placed me onto something soft which i assume was my bed and he took off my shoes and closed me with my blanket. “It's going to get better buttercup.” He sighed and kissed my forehead, hearing his footsteps echoing through my room, “Thank you.” I croaked out, not sure if he heard me or not but his footsteps faded and that's how i fell asleep.

Alex McCarthy.

“Thank you” She croaked out and i looked at her one last time before leaving, i tidied up the movie room and took the now empty bottle with me, in case her parents were against their daughter drinking, i left one box of pizza in the kitchen and threw the empty one away, i left the house, getting in my car and left racing home, the happenings of earlier ran through my mind, the kiss then Alexa actually sounding broken instead of the playful girl she was, i sighed, running my hand through my hair before shifting gears and i pulled up into the driveway of the mansion i called home, i shut the door, locking it with the remote as i strided up the stairs, opening the door to the smell of something sweet and i was greeted with Toby, our golden retriever Labrador and my sister, Kaylee, who was only 6 but still smart and a light in my life, even if she was adopted after my sister died, i had argument after argument with my mom and told her it felt as if she was trying to replace Christina but she just gave me a blank look and continued with whatever she was busy with but Kaylee grew onto me which my parents agreed to and apparently she was my kid? I bought everything for her, took her to school and so on in the mornings so i felt like a father to be honest, i pulled her into a hug and placed her on my hip. “You stink” She adorably scrunched up her nose and i chuckled, i had to admit, i'm surprised my mother didn't smell the alcohol. I put Kaylee down and walked into the kitchen and saw my mother baking cupcakes and i smiled at how cute she looked, her tongue stuck out as she concentrated, her petite figure moving around the kitchen until her eyes landed on me, her hazelnut eyes lightened up and she hurrird over to me, pulling me into a hug and she frowned. “You've been drinking again?” She asked and i shook my head, “But at Alexa's house, we had a movie night or something like that.” I shrugged and my mother sighed. “You know what happened to Christina because of Blake, i don't want the same happening to you Alex.” she reminded me and i  shrugged. “We're just friends mom, besides, i'm the only person she has.” I told her and she smiled. “Alexa has always been the shy type, always alone rather than with others, but once she lets you in, it's magical.” My mother smiled, as if she was in a distant memory and i frowned, how did she know this much?

“How would you know?” I asked and she gave me a sad smile. “Christina always talked about Alexa, more than she did about Blake and that's what she said, always humming about how Alexa was magical and she's perfect.” My mom said and then looked at me. “I just hope she's perfect for you Alex, you haven't drank for a while and i bet she has something to do with it.” She smiled and gave me one of her cupcakes and i sat at the island, “It doesn't matter she's still in love with Isaac.” I rolled my eyes at the sound of his name and my mother chuckled, as if she found it funny. “My dear, Isaac was the only guy that she let in so of course she claims to love him but does she really? She doesn't hang out with many boys so maybe she claimed to love him, maybe she doesn't know what love is and baby, if you want that girls heart, you have to show her what love is, take her out, make memories with her, take her to that place Christina always took you.” She advised me and i lied down on the surface, maybe i should just get over it, she is out of my league, brown hair, blue eyes, short, slim figure, she was the definition of beauty and i was just Alex McCarthy, the son of a well known man and that didn't make me anything but rich.

She would probably never look at me in a different way than a friend.

But she did kiss you back...

That thought actually gave me hope and I kissed my mother on my forehead before running up and took a shower, brushing my teeth and then tackled my closet, looking for something that would make Alexa look twice, so i just ended up with a blue jean and a sweater since it was going to be cold tomorrow, it kind of looked like the oldies to be honest but Alexa is into that old school things so i guess i'll just adjust to her liking.