Part Ten.

Alexa Andreas.

10:23

Shit. I'm so late. Double shit.

I rushed into the shower and i probably didn't shower completely but anyways, i pulled on a light blue ripped jean and a oversized shirt which i tucked in with my pair of vans, i quickly brushed my hair and applied mascara and lipgloss, then i remembered that i should do my makeup. Well, i was already late, what harm would a bit of makeup to, so i kept it plain, just some brown eyeshadow with a rosy blush, i hurried downstairs to see my family peacefully eating their breakfast, later than usually and i looked at the time, yeah, it was now 10:45 and i stared at them in disbelief. “Can you see what time it is?” I asked and they looked up and smiled. “Good morning.” They said simultaneously, too chirpy for their own good. “So honey, it's your day off, that's why nobody waked you up and we have to get ready for the pageant and you need a date but don't stress your dad and i sorted that out.” She smiled and i frowned, that's when the familiar brown headed boy with the stormy eyes came into view. “What? How... Mom!! Dad!!!” I yelled and they covered their ears. “I can't, he can't, he doesn't want to, you guys can't just force someone to do something.” I burst out and Alex gave me an reassuring smile, “Don't worry, your mother asked me or else she'd ask Carter and i was more than happy to miss a day with school and be the date of a beautiful young woman, such occasions only happen once in a lifetime.” He assured me and my mother and father was quite impressed with his answer, how calm he was made me want to murder him. I was definitely stunned too, Alex was never the soft type, well it was obviously just an front for my parents but i was still stunned. “Oh...” Was all i managed to say and my mother looked at me, “You did well even though you were late.” She smiled and i looked at my outfit, quite impressed that i looked like a tomboy, reckless and all that.

“Be ready in 10, we're going shopping.” My mom called as Alex and i made our way to my room. “I was quite surprised when i got the call from your mom.” He started small talk and i chuckled. “Well, apparently she loves to surprise people.” i commented and he just smiled, an awkward silence took over and i sighed, closing my door behind me, “What's wrong?” He asked and i shook my head, “Nothing really.” I shrugged and he frowned, “So carter...” he trailed off and raised a brow, “Yeah?” I asked and he shrugged, “What's going on between you two?” he asked and i shook my head, “Nothing, his just a friend.” i shrugged and he nodded in suspicion. “I'm not sorry.” he blurted out and i frowned, giving him a questioning look and took a deep breath. “The kiss, i'm not sorry ...” he explained and i frowned. “Alex..” i trailed off and he shook his head. “No Alexa, i'm tired of never getting to say what i feel, to be honest the day we made eye contact it was as if my eyes only wanted to look into yours, as if there was already an connection and i know you feel it too, but i would never put you in a position to choose so i'll rather wait, and i might never be able to compete with him but i know i feel something for you and i don't know if it's just a crush or something more but i hope you realize this before it's too late.” He breathed out, staring into my eyes and i couldn't bring myself to looking away but i didn't want to listen, i didn't want to hear him tell me the things i wanted to hear, it was obvious there was something between us but it was too soon. “Wait for me, just give me a month or two.” I mumbled and he smiled and as if on time, one of the guards knocked on the door, causing me to quickly open it walk down the stairs.

How did this day end up to me getting a day off at school, to Alex admitting he has a crush on me? I fumbled with my cellphone and made my way to the limo, Alex and i got in and champagne was served by one of the guards, well, this was the beginning of a busy day. “Well, honey i was thinking to put some golden stricks into your hair that's if you'd want it, i think it'd suit you though and since red is your favourite colour, i got a few shops to take out all their wine red dresses for you to choose from and Alex, you just need to fit your suit and then that'll be all, and your shoes though. We should be settled at about ,4pm, that's when the makeup artists are coming to get us ready and we'll leave at six, to be there before the event starts at seven.” my mom informed us and i just nodded, “I think the golden stricks will look good to be honest.” I replied absent mindedly and my mother sighed, placing her hand on my knee, “I know things aren't going too well for you but i need you to stay strong, stay focused, keep your head up and stay beautiful before your crown slips.” She smiled and i gave her a genuine smile, “Thanks mom, i'm focused though.”

“And Alex, i expect you to stay handsome, your father told me that you're used to this things and that you've won some pageants.” My mom smiled and he grinned, “Of course Mrs. Andreas, with all respect i'll follow your rules.” He said in a professional tone. I zoned out as they joked around and i sipped on my champagne, staring at the bypassing people, buildings and trees, until i saw the mall coming up and i sighed, clearly already tired, well at least it was Friday which meant it was weekend!!! So i could sleep late tomorrow. Oh shit. The party, what should i wear? Great, now i have to be concerned about the balls clothes and tonight, just great. “Hey mom, i'm going out tonight so i'll be back judt before midnight.” I sighed and she gave me a smile, “It's until nine so you can leave ten to nine to go get ready, and enjoy yourself, remember to take Adin with.” She said and i groaned, “Is it necessary?” I sighed and she gave me a stern look which left no space for argument. “Great, now i have to stress about 3 outfits.” I huffed out and she shook her head. “No need to, Adin already has his clothes for tonight and i sent Maria to get out three different outfits for you to choose from, so you can relax.”

“Thanks mom.”

/// So this is the last chapter of 2019, i'll be back soon lovies, thanks for reading!!!;-)❤️