Tryouts

In this chapter Blair goes to school and talks with Haley about what sport team to sign up for.

Blair: I wish I could do lacrosse and soccer. It is not like I won't be able to do it. I play two sports and still maintain all my grades!
Haley: at least you're good at sports. I'm the tallest girl of our grade and I not even good at anything.
Clara: did I overhear you wanted to tryout for the girls soccer and lacrosse teams?
Blair: why, would you want to know?
Mean Girl 2: nothing that would interest you.
Means Girl 3: Wait, aren't we on those teams Gabby?
Gabby: oh yes we are Katie.
Katie: and isn't Clara the lacrosse team captain ?
Clara: yes and if you tryout for lacrosse I would seriously make your life on the team miserable that you want to go back to the sick little trash bin of a town.
Haley:  I bet Blair can tryout for both teams and make team captain.
Clara: like she can beat my amazing lacrosse skills, as if!!
Haley: she can and she will!
Katie: let's make a bet then if you are so sure of your self.
Haley: ok
Katie: if Blair is captain of the lacrosse team we will leave you alone.
Haley: really?
Clara: yes
Blair: but...
Katie: if Clara is still the captain you must quit the lacrosse team and try out for....
Clara, Katie and Gabby huddle and think
Clara: Blair must tryout our for the boys football team.
Haley: the fourth grade flag or tackled team?
Gabby: the normal team, duh!
Haley: that is so unfair, Blair can't do tackle football!
Blair: (stares ahead at what she is getting into)

After school
Blair: hey  why did you do that to me?
Haley: sorry, about that I get a little carried away with completing. I can help you practice for lacrosse tonight and tomorrow morning before school?
Blair: thanks! I really appreciate that. We can practice here on school grounds tomorrow morning at 5am?
Haley: so early, but I guess I can do it since I got us into this mess. I have my mom pick you up from your house, ok.
Blair: ok. Here is the address (hands Haley a sheet of paper with her address written on it)
Blair: Bye! (Pause) Mom! Rory!
Mom: hey baby girl, how was school?
Blair: it was ok.
Mom: well at least is was better than your sister.
Blair: what happened Rory?
Rory:(stares angrily) I hate you.
Blair: what did I do?
Rory: (gets a little mad with her) What didn't you do! You didn't wake me up before you left this morning, when you left for tryouts ! I missed my entire test and not to mention got hit by a deer!
Blair: (really annoyed with her attitude) I am so sorry that I wasn't thinking about you, I'm only 9 years old! You're almost 16 years old, you should be in charge of when and what time you wake up in the morning to get to school on time! (yelling ends)
(Rory and mom are both stunned)
Mom: First of all, Rory, she is right she 9 year old and second, wow such a powerful voice coming from such a tiny girl. (Makes tiny hand gestures; mean girl group giggles a little by that).

Blair: I'm taking the bus home.
Mom: oh no you're not. How was your last day of soccer tryouts?
Blair: it was good but lacrosse tryouts start tomorrow after school so I will be home two hours later.
Mom: well now how are we going to get you home?
Rory: grandma and grandpa ?(everyone laughs)
Blair: my friend is also trying out she can give me a ride home?!
Mom: ok but if it doesn't happen call me and michel will get you.
Rory & Blair: what? Are you kidding!
Mom: yes! Sookie or I will come instead.
Blair: thanks

Next morning

Blair and Haley both practice last night together and Haley's nanny came to pick up Blair this morning at 5am for practice on the field.
Blair: (running up and down the field with her stick.) Haley catch
Haley: I got it ( misses the ball)
Blair: next time Haley. Pick up the ball and throw it back to me.
Haley: ok
(Haley throws ball and Blair back up and dive for the ball and catches it) she runs down the field avoiding all the obstacles they put in the way of the goal.
Haley: that was an amazing goal! You are definitely going to make the team!
Blair: what about team captain?
Haley: you're great! The coach will offer you the position in ten minutes of seeing you perform!
Blair: ok thanks. Let's get change we have an hour before school start to get to class. Race you to the showers!
Haley: you are on!

After school at lacrosse tryouts
Coach: we need six more girls on the team this year, we combined the fifth and Sixth grade girls and only 30 wanted to try out to be on the team. Three days of tryouts starts now. And if you get a tap on your shoulder you are done.
Haley: (whispers to Blair) well let's see how long I have til I get out.
Blair: (whispers)You got this.
Coach: there are six fifth graders and six sixth graders on the team currently  and two captains Ellie who in fifth grade and Lily who is in sixth grade. Both will help me find the best of the six of you fourth graders and declare a fourth grade captain. ( everyone looks at the competition) and start!

Haley and Blair grab their sticks and pass the ball and run up and down the field. Clara, Katie and gabby pass the ball and trip Blair.

Haley:  Blair come on and show them what you got!

Ellie and Lily both liked Haley's positively on the game while eliminating two girls.

Now playing scrimmage ten girls eliminated in twenty minutes
Blair: Haley I'll pass you the ball and run it to the goal to score.
(Clara bumps her down and the ball flys up into the sky.)
Blair: I got it
Katie: no you don't (takes the ball from her)
Lily: no hands Katie! I'm sorry but (taps shoulder) your done.
Katie: what?!
Lily: you used your hands and stole the ball from your own teammate.
(Katie leaves the field angrily) here Blair.
Blair: thanks ( runs the ball down the field and throws it in the goal)
Haley: congrats Blair you did it!
Blair: thanks
End of day one tryouts

Day two was great all they did was run around the school three times and faux more were eliminated ( totaling 13 girls left)
last day of tryouts
Haley: I can't believe I made it all the way to the last day of tryouts!
Blair: hopefully we get on the team together! I need you if Clara and gabby will be on the team too.
Haley: everyone is still talking how you got Katie out on day one still.
Coach: ok girls last day! We are going to play keep away and 2 v. 2 today. Here are your groups based on performance I saw group 1: Clara, Blair, Ashley, Emily, Gabby, and Julia.
Group 2: Haley, Jasmine, Carly, Hannah, Parker, and Riley. And Josie I am sorry but you didn't fill you half you information so you have to leave today.
(Josie walks away crying, Hannah, Jasmine and Julia follow her.)
Coach: ok, now we only have ten girls left four more will leave. Now if we tap  your shoulder you made the team.
During keep away Clara got tap then Gabby was next.
Blair: ( it's ok you got this and pass the ball to Ashley not Emily who is in the middle being guarded)
Coach: now that we have three new members (Riley was the third) ok let's do 2v.2.
Blair and Haley vs. Ashley and Emily vs. Parker and Carly

After Blair and Haley eliminated Ashley and Emily they both get tapped in which causes Clara and Gabby t be annoyed. Last person tapped is Parker.

Coach: Ashley, Emily, and Carly, I am so sorry maybe next year.

Lily and Ellie step forward to announce the fourth grade team captain.
Lily: well she maybe not the best player but she does got amazing teamwork.
Lily and Ellie: Our co-captain is Haley!
Blair: congrats!
Clara: what!! She never heard of this game before!!
Ellie: enough, Clara.

Everyone is happy beside Clara and Gabby.
Gabby: (talks to Clara) well since neither of you are captains you don't have to hold up your promise.
Clara: your right!

Everyone walks back to school to change clothes and Clara pushes Blair to to the ground.
Haley: what was that for?!
Clara: nothing.
Blair: just leave them alone they lost, because you won so let's celebrate.

They get change and head out and she Blair's mom waiting.
Blair: bye Haley!
Haley: bye Blair see you at practice tomorrow.
Mom: you made the team!
Blair: yeah
Mom: What's your jersey number?
Blair: 2
Mom: cute the day you were born is always a lucky number.

End of Chapter five

What will happen in chapter six?