Chapter 6

Soon the letters arrived. Lily, James, Draco and Harry's letters were bulkier then normal.
"Omg!" Lily gasped excitedly.
"This has to be a Joke!" James went pale.
"What is it dear?" Mrs Potter asked.
"I'm head girl." Lily smiled.
"I'm head boy." James looked ready to pass out Remus looked ready to fall out of his seat. Sirius actually did from laughing. "The best part is to come in a minute." Sirius wheezed to Harry.
"Oh but James you'll look so sweet in a head boy badge and you'll be a role model for the whole school. You must be finally knuckling down and behaving I'm so proud. Everyone is going to see that badge an go he is James Potter head boy." James actually looked like he was going to throw up.
"And the twins even might follow in your footsteps and become straight O students." Sirius couldn't hold it in everyone but Mrs potter was in tears of laughter.
"Dumbledore says that he feel the roll as head boy will help you gain responsibility before you become a father." Remus read. "Also it'll be easier for you and Lily since you'll have your own chambers together."
"Dumbledore has given Draco and I enough money to purchase our school equipment." Harry smiled.

*****
The group was going to the Diagon alley the day after a full moon. Sirius and James agreed to stay home and take care of Remus while Mrs and Mr Potter brought their things.

James took the opportunity to have a lie in so Sirius was sat at Remus' bed side while the boy slept.
"I wish I could just tell you how I feel." Sirius whispered brushing.
"Why don't you?" James ask Sirius jumped.
"I didn't hear you come I thought you were a sleep." Sirius looked down timidly.
"Why won't you tell him?" James asked both boys unmoving.
"I can't not yet." Sirius looked a remus sleeping figure he began to stir.
"Siri," Remus croaked.
"Yeah Remmy." Sirius asked.
"Can you get me some water please?" Remus asked Sirius nodded leaving. James following behind.

"Tell him!" James hissed.
"No James I can't!" Sirius snapped. "I don't even know if he likes me like that you may have been willing to make a fool out of yourself for year trying to win  Lily's affection but I'm not going to."
"It worked didn't it we're having a kids together and we're friends." James called.
"We both know the twins aren't really yours there Snape's and no matter how hard you lie to people, to yourself. Lily will never love you the way she loved him because he was her first you never get over your first!" Sirius shouted and started to leave.
"That's the real reason you won't tell him then cause I was your first and your not over me! You know what fuck you man. I'm just trying to help but I'm done with listening to you whine about him and never do anything about it."James shoved passed Sirius.
"Wow real mature your gonna be a great father if all you do is walk away." Sirius seethed heading back up to Remus.
*****
"Everyone be back here for 3 pm." Mrs Potter instructed the group nodded. Marlene spotted the group from across the street.
"Lily!" Marlene called her best friend over.
"Marley!" Lily smiled softly walking over. The group headed over.
"Peter here was just telling us about a poem he wrote." Marlene smiled at the boy. Alice rolled her eyes.
"Thanks for saving us if I had to go another minute listening to these two flirt."

The group spent the day going from shop to shop finally gathering all there things and heading home. Harry and Draco were lay in bed. Draco was singing a soft melody to Harry.

"Muffin, I think you should tell James and Lily." Draco muttered.
"Tell them what?" Harry asked.
"About who you actually are Dumbledore has given us the option to he says hell just Oblivate them after."
"But what if."
"This will give you a chance to know your parents." Draco whispered.
"You think?" Harry asked Draco nodded.

"Lily, James Harry really need to talk to you he's in the livingroom. The pair frown but got into the livingroom. The sit down. And Harry begins to tell the truth.

*****

"So I die protecting you?" Lily asks softly.
"Yeah you sacrificed yourself to shield me from him." Harry replied, "I'm so sorry." His voice broke.
"Don't be there's one thing I've learned. This world is balanced where theres sadness there's is happiness, where there's sickness there's health, where there's weakness there's strength and where there's death there's life. I die so you can live and I wouldn't change that for the world." Lily took Harry's hand in hers James was still sat in silence.
"But your theory works in reverse when your happy someone else is sad when your healthy someone else is sick." Harry whispered. "So while I'm alive you're both dead."
"That's why we comfort the sad, aide the sick, share our strength with the weak and live for the dead." James finally commented.
"You have been through so much I'm so proud of you." Lily whispered bringing Harry in for a hug.

Sirius slowly approached James he was sitting in his window sill tears streaming down his face.
"You are a great dad." Sirius comments sitting opposite him.
"How do you know How could I be a great dad when I only get to be one for a year." James shot.
"Because you are a dad to those little girls as well and the fact that you thought tooth and nail without a wand to save your family proves it." Sirius explained he looked directly at James.
"It's not fair I finally get what I've wanted since I was thirteen and it's taken away from me at 21. How's that fair?" James cried.
"It's not know of this is. But we live in a time of war and that means we sacrifice a lot so our children have a future." Sirius replied.
"Is that why you won't tell Remus how you feel because your protecting him so you don't have to sacrifice him?" James asked.
"He's the last Marauder standing. I think we all did our bit a protecting him." Sirius explained.
"Last Marauder? What happened to Peter?" James asked Sirius tensed.
"It's too horrible and raw to discuss. You just have to accept he's dead." Sirius explained thinking in his head "atleast he's dead to me."

Draco decided to check on Lily he knocked and slowly entered Lily was wiping the tears from her face frantically. Draco closed the door and walked towards her.
"Is he happy? Is he loved? Is he safe?"
"He's adored by his friends, his house and me. He is happier here then he is there and safer here then he is there but that's because the second war is starting and he's got the biggest target on his back, But Dumbledore will keep him safe."
"Tell me yours and his story, about his friends and about his childhood. I feel like Harry tried to sugar coat things I need the raw facts." Lily begged.
"After you and James died Harry was left with Petunia for years they were awful to him treating him worse then some of my fathers house elves. Again He sugar coats his childhood to me as well by I've seen the scars and burns. I've heard the nightmares and seen the fear and how he goes to apologise for a small mistake. But despite this he's not weak he's the strongest person I know he's kind, sassy, brave and moral. Even if he can be extremely oblivious." Draco explained Lily looked shocked.

"I admit I wasn't the nicest when we met I bullied for years finally after a sharp slap round the face from my friend Pansy who screamed at me for being so dense and oblivious about I how really felt about Harry before the Yule Ball. I finally plucked up the courage after the last trial and kissed him I was just so relieved he was alive. We've been special friends ever since because my ego always got in the way I was so scared about how people would react but finally here we are and We're not only dating but we're engaged."

"Harry has a few great friends all would go to hell and back for him. Hermione and Ron are his best friends. Hermione is a muggle born and the smartest witch our age. Ron is a Weasley and we don't really get on we tolerate each other for Harry's sake. Then there's Neville, Luna and Ginny. Neville is Alice and Frank Longbottoms son he is very shy but will have Harry's back when push comes to shove. Luna is Pandora's daughter she's in the year bellow she a bit loopy but now I've met Pandora I can see more resemblance. Ginny is Ron's younger sister she had a crush on Harry for years we had issues at first but now she's dating Pansy." Draco smiles softly, Lily just sits and takes in the information.