Odysseus x reader

Y/n POV

I admit it...
Being a Spartan is more harsh than any lifestyle of any Greek.
I could never persue my dream of being normal, or maybe being a Scholar.

But I always admired my generals, but the cunning of Odysseus is what drew me to this war. Being the king of  a small kingdom,his genius didn't seem to stop me admir-

"Y/n!
I turned and saw a soldier running up the small hill,his heavy breathing means he wasn't working again. "Odysseus requests your presence,immediately." I nodded and walked past him but I stopped just behind him and spat:" That is king Odysseus to you,soldier..."

The walk back to camp was far but I preferred it that way. The smell of drunk,sweaty soldiers were... off setting. I walked into the tent to be welcomed by two soldiers who stood guard. "Leave us..." His voice cold but understanding.

I walked forward and bowed to the king." Your majesty. I've been requested?" He turns and smiles. "What's with the formality Y/n? Friends don't use titles." I stand up and sneer at the thought of the army.

"They don't respect you Odysseus. It angers me if they use the reputation as a excuse." I said and stood next to him, hearing him chuckle.

"Y/n, my eyes and yours have seen far more than they ever will in a lifetime. You should give them a chance." He lifts a hand on my shoulder and looks at me softly. "Our respect will soon grow,my dear friend."

He said as he walked out the tent.
If only you knew... My friend.

*later that day,at dusk*

Y/n POV

"Another innocent village destroyed...
When will Agamemnon see this?" I turned to Odysseus, his eyes staring at the ending sun. "Never Y/n. War hungry fools are blind to all truths until death's glare."  I smiled and nodded at him, seeing his gaze never leaving the scene.

"This war wil soon end. I can feel it Y/n." He says, turning back to camp.
I  breathed deeply and mumbled," there's something I would like to tell you..."

"Hmmm?" I look up quickly,seeing a amused look on his face." Oh! Uh...I ..."

He chuckled and said," I know Y/n... I know." He smiled and turned walking back to the camp, leaving me blushed and confused.