Odysseus x reader (Part 2😄 Requested)

Righty,😁This was requested.
By...

I hope this is what ya wanted 😋
(981 words😅)

WARNING!😁 THIS WILL
JUMP BETWEEN THE PAST AND THE PRESENT. 
ALSO,THE WHOLE THING IS IN Odysseus Pov)

"Y/n, there is something I must tell you.
I -"

A

battle cry broke the king's sentence,the general looking at the battle field. Leaving him with a dreadful feeling. A sense of a ...ending.
" Odysseus! Just wait,you can tell me later." Y/n, Odysseus' most trusted advisor and companion smiled and pulled on his hand.

"Put your worries to rest,for Greece needs us to be strong." Odysseus smiled weakly and nodded. Y/n smiled and pulled her sword,a determined look on her face.
But it only reminded Odysseus of the past. A past he would rather forget...

(Past Tense)
Odysseus pov

"Odysseus, You are quite slow with your defense." Y/n lunged with her spear, her shield banged against mine.
"I wouldn't think so, my dear."
Y/n was threw a little by this, enough for me to block her spear and fling the shield to the ground.

I smiled at the unarmed Soldier, my spear lowered. " Your genius never seem to amuse me Odysseus." Y/n said, making me laugh and shake my head.
" I am glad I atleast amuse you in any form." Y/n rolled her eyes and took the helmet off.

"So,how did it go with your father last night?" Y/n said...
But I didn't reply, only hid my shame and disappointment.

(Present☺)
(Still Odysseus pov)

"Achilies is No more! And Troy still  stands!" The Trojans called, mocking the corpse that layed before us.

" We are too late... And now our hero has fallen." Y/n said, her head hung low.I placed my hand on her shoulder and looked over the corpse.  " With death, there will always be life. The same with the past, and the present."

Y/n looked at me and smiled weakly as the troops began walking back, getting the burial ready. Y/n tapped my hand and resigned to her tent.
While I relived the past...

(Past)

"Father,I do not wish to marry Penelope. I refuse to marry for selfish desires!" The old man growled and took my wrist, dragging me behind him.

" Your arrogance must end here!" He shouted as he threw out to the balcony, his old eyes fixed on the night sky. " Look before You, Prince of Ithaca. Look at your kingdom."

I slowly got up from the ground, grunting from my wounds but I leaned over the railing. Where I couldn't help but gasp.

The crops, they were burning. You could here the wailing of children and horses as they ran. An icy chill went down my spine as I watched the massacre.

"That Odysseus,is why you must wed.
That will be the only way for them to stop invading our lands and destroy our crops. Do you understand?"
The old man's hand was on my shoulder, while I only felt the sadness that will plague me forever from this night.
I turned to my father and bowed to him. "For the sake of my family, I will marry Princess Penelope."

(Present )

I breathed deeply as I watched nightfall, seeing the fire flicker from  Troy's walls. Y/ n hasn't returns since this afternoon. Perhaps she went to her perch up on the cliffs? Maybe?

I gathered my courage and made my way from my tent, going to the place where the one person I held dearly,
Is.

_____

I was right.

Y/n was here,on the mountain side. Y/n turned a little, " Oh,Odysseus! I didn't expect to see you here." Walked to her and sat next to her.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" I asked, hoping not to intrude, I placed my hand above y/n's. "I am alright. I am just a little shaken that's all. " I looked at her with my brow raised.

"My dearest friend, I know when there is something wrong. No use to hide it." Y/n sighed and looked at our hands. "I was just reminded of what I have lost. Of how I wished things was different." I Breathed deeply, remembering that next morning...
On my wedding day.

(Past)

" what do you mean you have to leave?" Y/n shouted,the angry soldier pacing. "Look, as the Prince I have responsibilities that I can't ignore."
Y/n snorted.

"Oh,like Marrying a princess you don't know?" Y/n kicked the earth and turned on her heel, walking off. "I thought we were friends, Odysseus. Friends don't hide secrets from each other."

I frowned at y/n, walking behind her. "Yet, friends don't react like that. Usually there is something more behind their worry."

Y/n stopped and replied ," It doesn't matter now. You are no longer just Odysseus the genius.
You are Odysseus the arrogant."

And Y/n walked off, never revealing what we both felt...

(Present)

"Y/n, there is something I have to say to you." Y/n looked at me with worry.
I moved closer, with my other hand caressing y/n's beautiful face.
" Although throughout the years,we never expressed what we truly felt to each other. With an unhappy marriage and with the fear of losing the true one for my heart..."

Y/n shuddered at my words, her breath quick. " The only reason why I married Penelope was to safe Ithaca from harm. Kingdom were destroying My lands and the only way to defend it was to Marry the princess and obtain new resources. It was never for love,that was impossible. "

Y/n searched my face as the rough hands touched my arm. "But now, I know if I am to live one more day...
I have to be true to myself and you."

"Y/n.. I love..."