6

The seven boys made their way to a favorite lunch hangout, just a few blocks away from their apartment building. Once food orders were put in and drinks were brought out, the boys were able to kick back and fully relax.

Taehyung watched as his friends laughed and joked together, the site slightly cheering up his sour demeanor. Even in the presence of those closest to him, he was having a hard time not feeling sad for himself. He couldn't even muster up the courage to tell the group what happened.

"Nice neck, TaeTae," Hoseok giggled. "Lose a fight with an octopus?"

Taehyung groaned, mentally cursing himself for not covering the marks. He felt Jungkook's eyes on him as everyone else started commenting.

"Shireen really got down to it, huh?" Namjoon added, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Actually -" Jungkook started.

Taehyung cut him off. "Actually, yeah. But . . . she broke up with me."

All eyes were on him, gaping.

"Pardon?" Namjoon gasped.

"She did that to your neck and then ended things? Harsh, dude." Jimin shook his head in disbelief.

"Well, technically this happened after we broke up, but -"

"After?! Spill and tell, Tae," Jin butted in, leaning forward in curiosity.

Taehyung looked down at his hands. "She had been interested in someone for six months, tried to stop liking him and begin liking me more, but she couldn't. She fell out of love with me."

Everyone was silent as they took in what their friend revealed. Jungkook kept his eyes on Taehyung, watching every small movement the elder made. He hated seeing him like this; hated that he was unable to fix the situation. Jungkook much rathered himself to be the sad one instead of one of his friends.

Yoongi, who was typically quiet in favor of observation, spoke up. "I know it hurts, Tae. And it will probably hurt for a while. But sometime in the future, you'll find that it starts to hurt less and less."

Taehyung gave him a small smile. "Thanks, Yoongi."

"We'll be there to help you along the way, too," Jin said, patting his hand on top of Taehyung's.

"And hey! Maybe you'll meet someone new, or even find a rebound," Jimin nodded enthusiastically at his own advice.

"Ew, a rebound Jiminie?" Hoseok questioned. "You did someone after Lisa broke up with you?"

Yoongi smirked. "I wouldn't say Jimin was the one doing -"

"Enough!" Jimin shouted, glaring at Yoongi.

"What's that mean?" Jungkook questioned the elder.

Several of the other boys asked Yoongi  to elaborate as well, but he just shook his head. "Eh, you'll find out one day."

"Or maybe not, oh well! Anyway, when is our food coming out?" Jimin changed the subject with ease, getting the rest of the group excited to eat.

Finally, the meals arrived and everyone ate until they were stuffed. They then settled their bill and walked back to the building, lingering in the lobby once they arrived.

"So," Namjoon started, "Jin and I want everyone to come over to our place tonight. We're getting Tae hammered and I expect each and every one of you to end up the same. Deal?"

Everyone cheered before parting ways, waving as they broke off. Namjoon and Jin to their apartment, Taehyung and Jungkook to theirs, and then Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jimin to theirs.

Once back in their own apartment, Jungkook and Taehyung decided to spend the next several hours playing video games. They were back to their old selves, the morning essentially forgotten. Taehyung found himself lightening up more and more throughout the day, and only thought of his broken heart once every five minutes, instead of every single damn second.

When the sun eventually went down, the two boys cleaned up the mess of snacks and soda they left out and put away their gaming equipment. Since it was after 8pm, they decided to show up to Jin and Namjoon's early. They rode the elevator up a couple floors before hopping off, knocking on the elder boys' front door.

Loud music could be heard from within, so the two tried the handle and found the door to be unlocked. They entered, astonished at the crowd of people inside.

"I thought it was just going to be a small get together?" Taehyung asked, taking in the already drunk people.

"Same," Jungkook agreed. "Leave it to those two to unexpectedly throw a rager."

"Guys!" Hoseok yelled, waving them into the living room. He had a red cup in one hand and a slice of pizza in the other. "Operation 'Get TaeTae Drunk' has commenced!"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, but smiled anyway. "We're going to go get drinks," he told Hoseok. "Want anything?"

"Just for you to get laid!"

Taehyung's eyes widened. "What?!"

"Oh come on, TaeTae, it was a joke. Well, not really. I think it could do you some good. Scientifically it's proven . . ."

Hoseok's words died out as Jungkook pulled Taehyung away. "To food and drinks!"

They pushed their way into the kitchen, sliding past a couple making out in order to grab some pizza and beers. The two rolled their eyes at each other, knowing what the other was thinking.

"Drunk people can't keep it in their pants for two minutes," Jungkook laughed, loading four slices onto his plate. "Am I like that when I'm drunk?"

"Eh, you're more the type to just pass out."

"Exactly! Thank you!"

Taehyung shook his head. "But you're one to pass out whenever, so I'm not sure that's saying much."

Jungkook smiled. "Well, you're a clingy drunk."

The elder made an offended expression. "Who, me? No way!"

"Yes way. You're always koala-hugging someone and snuggling into them."

"Well, that's me normally."

The two laughed again and quickly finished their pizza, chased by a few beers. By the time they reached the living room again, they were drunk.

They found Hoseok swaying on his feet, dancing to the music. "I have to tell you guys something! But first, more drinks!"

The three raced one another to finish another beer, with Jungkook winning. He smiled victoriously.

"Alas, I win again! What did you want to tell us?"

"Hoseok? Hey! Where did he go?" Taehyung spun in a circle, trying to locate his friend. "Kookie, where'd he go?"

"Dunno. But look what I found!" He pulled two more beers from behind his back. "Drink!"

And they drank.

And drank.

And drank.