Chapter 1

"WanYin" Lan XiChen called out to the man standing at the edge of the rock, looking at the scenery from Cloud Recesses's back mountain.

Jiang Cheng turned around to see Lan XiChen. "Lan Huan" Jiang Cheng greeted back.

It was Wei Ying and Lan Zhan's marriage ceremony and the two sect leaders, Jiang Cheng and Lan XiChen had been meeting up often for discussions and preparations. They had gotten quite close.

"What are you thinking about?" Lan XiChen asked.

Jiang Cheng looked far into the distance and plainly said "Nothing much... Just the past. Time sure flies..."

Lan XiChen noticed Jiang Cheng gripping onto a brown comb. He remember hearing his disciple say that he gifted such a comb to Wen Qing but later on was returned to him.

His heart felt a little tug but he ignored it and said "Mn, it really does. It's already been a little more than a year and a half since everything with A-... A-Yao and WangJi is already getting married with Wei Gong Zi."

Jiang Cheng internally scowled at 'A-Yao'. The guy who cause them all the trouble. Framed Wei Ying. Secretly disrupted Wei Ying's music making the ghost puppet hurt his sister which led to her death. The sneaky cunning guy who misled people around him, caused the death of his sister's husband, the death of ChiFeng-Zun (Nie MingJue). He especially hated the way Lan XiChen always called him affectionately - and still does.

Seeing Jiang Cheng silent, Lan XiChen felt a hostile aura from him. Lan XiChen internally panicked a little then asked "What do you think of their marriage?"

"Tch, cutsleeves" Jiang Cheng scowled. He didn't mean anything bad by it as it was just his usual way of speaking and he didn't know what else to say. Besides, he was angry hearing XiChen say 'A-Yao'.

Lan XiChen flinched a little. He knew that Jiang Cheng had always not supported cutsleeves, especially Wei Ying with Lan Zhan. 'It's no wonder... He's straight... He likes Wen Qing'

Jiang Cheng realised that Lan XiChen became silent and wondered if he sounded too harsh, especially since it was his younger brother who was getting married.

Clearing his throat, he spoke up "Lan Huan, I didn't mean that... Erm... I've just been stressed out lately"

Lan XiChen put on a smile and shook his head. "Shall I play music for you again?"

"Mn, I would love to hear it, if it's no trouble" Jiang Cheng replied feeling happy. Lan XiChen's music could make him feel relaxed and happier. It was something Jiang Cheng missed whenever he left Cloud Recesses.

Lan XiChen really smiled hearing Jiang Cheng's reply. 'At least he likes my music' he thought and said "Let's go"

They then headed to Frost Room. Jiang Cheng sat in a mediatating stance while XiChen sat across him. Jiang Cheng watched as XiChen spun LieBing and placed it to his mouth.

'So cool' Jiang Cheng thought as he closed his eyes. He had always seen XiChen as the most handsome guy he has ever seen. His gentleness, gracefulness and kindness makes him even more charming.

Jiang Cheng has always looked up to XiChen too. XiChen is the youngest to become a Sect Leader and is also a very disciplined and highly skilled cultivator.

XiChen closed his eyes as he started to blow into LieBing. Jiang Cheng opened his eyes to admire XiChen for a while, then closed his eyes and enjoyed the music.

XiChen chose a calming music, one that is good for clearing the mind, improving one's mental state. After playing for some time, XiChen opened his eyes and looked at Jiang Cheng while playing.

XiChen had liked Jiang Cheng for some time. He had always respected Jiang Cheng. He was captivated by Jiang Cheng's desire to improve and be better.

Even though Jiang Cheng had a bad temper (which XiChen found amusing) and was very competitive, he was also caring and would do anything to protect his loved ones.

XiChen felt a connection with Jiang Cheng. One he couldn't find with anyone else, not even with his sworn brothers Nie MingJue or Meng Yao.

Despite XiChen's friendliness, he didn't dare to approach Jiang Cheng. He saw how Jiang Cheng silently cared for Wei Ying and thought that he might have been harboring a crush on Wei Ying. However, he truly felt rejected when he learned that Jiang Cheng liked Wen Qing. XiChen would only dare to sneak peeks at Jiang Cheng when he could, like right now.

After some time, XiChen noticed that Jiang Chen was slowly leaning to the left. He stopped playing in order to catch Jiang Cheng who fell on his side.

"WanYin? What's wrong?" XiChen asked.

Jiang Cheng didn't reply, eyes still closed. XiChen then realised that Jiang Cheng had fallen asleep.

Chuckling, he carried Jiang Cheng to his bed and gently laid him down. He sat beside Jiang Cheng and watched him for some time while stroking his hair.

"WanYin... do you know... ... I like you... Since the first time I saw, I felt this connection towards you and my eyes just kept finding it's way to you. Your temper and your hot headedness is so cute.

The way you roll your eyes at Wei Gong Zi amuses me. You really cared so much for him despite what you say... I really thought that you liked him..." Lan XiChen said while looking at Jiang Cheng's sleeping face.

"Who knew" Lan XiChen chuckled sadly "Who knew you liked Maiden Wen..."

XiChen now held a hint of guiltiness towards Jiang Cheng. He wanted to be there so badly for Jiang Cheng when Jiang Yanli died.

However, he had to settle the daily meetings with the Lan Sect's elders and interfere in Nie Sect and Lanling Jin Sect that he couldn't just take some time away to find and accompany Jiang Cheng.

In just a month, Jiang Cheng had changed. He became colder and strict. He forced himself to become independent. The occasionally mischevious side of him was gone. Jiang Cheng had no one to fool around with and couldn't afford to.

XiChen then managed to take some time to help him rebuild Lotus Pier and take care of Jin Ling, while handling Lanling Jin Sect till Jin Ling grew up. This was how he could take a step closer to Jiang Cheng, but Jiang Cheng had shut off his feelings to everyone.

"WanYin... one day... would you be willing to hold on to my forehead ribbon?" XiChen said as he sighed, lightly stroking Jiang Cheng's forehead, ceasing the frown on his brow.

***NOTES***
Frost room is the sect leader's room (Lan XiChen's room)
LieBing is XiChen's xiao (flute)